You Grew Up In A Small Town If...

Help Support CattleToday:

Alice

Reaction score
I nodded yes to almost everyone of these...some more than others!

(1) You can name everyone you graduated with.
(2) You know what FFA means.
(3) You went to parties at a pasture, barn, gravel pit, or in the
middle of a dirt road. On Monday you could always tell who was at the party because of the scratches on their legs from running through the woods when the partywas busted.
(4) You used to "drag" Main.
(5) You said the "F" word and your parents knew within the hour.
(6) You scheduled parties around the schedules of different police officers, because you knew which ones would bust you and which ones wouldn't.
(7) You could never buy cigarettes because all the store clerks knew how old you were (and if you were old enough, they'd tell your parents anyhow.)
(8 ) When you did find somebody old enough and brave enough to buy cigarettes, you still had to go out into the country and drive on back roads to smoke them.
(9) You knew which section of the ditch you would find the beer your buyer dropped off.
(10) It was cool to date somebody from the neighboring town.
(11) The whole school went to the same party after graduation.
(12) You didn't give directions by street names but rather by
references. Turn by Nelson's house, go 2 blocks to Anderson's, and its four houses left of the track field.
(13) The golf course had only 9 holes.
(14) You couldn't help but date a friend's ex-boyfriend/girlfriend.
(15) Your car stayed filthy because of the dirt roads, and you will never own a dark vehicle for this reason.
(16) The town next to you was considered "trashy" or "snooty," but was actually just like your town.
(17) You referred to anyone with a house newer then 1965 as the rich people.
(18 ) The people in the "big city" dressed funny, and then you picked up the trend 2 years later.
(19) Anyone you wanted could be found at the local gas station or the town bar.
(20) You saw at least one friend a week driving a tractor through town or one of your friends driving a grain truck to school occasionally.
(21) The gym teacher suggested you haul hay for the summer to get stronger.
(22) Directions were given using THE stop light as a reference.
(23) When you decided to walk somewhere for exercise, 5 people would pull over and ask if you wanted a ride.
(24) Your teachers called you by your older siblings' names.
(25) Your teachers remembered when they taught your parents.
(26) You could charge at any local store or write checks without any ID.
(27) The closest McDonalds was 25 miles away (or more).
(28 ) The closest mall was over an hour away.
(29) It was normal to see an old man riding through town on a riding lawn mower.
(30) You've pee'd in a cornfield.
(31) Most people went by a nickname.

Your father was your "old man" but your mother was Mama.

You ever got your backside whipped and were drug home...By your next door neighbor.

Alice":2taujazm said:

That aint too hard, since there was only 9 other kids in my grade...aint got much more students nowadays either, I believe there's 24 kids in the Class of '07 this year

Alice":1uvs0jrd said:
(13) The golf course had only 9 holes.

Yep! I actually live right next door! :D

To add another,
You can drive from one end of town to the other in 5 seconds flat. (going the speed limit of course) ;-)

The 'Welcome to' and 'Leaving from' sign are on the same post. No kidding there is a town not far from here with that.

I nodded yes to almost everyone of those with a smile.

NamVet_Farmer44":3t7itz5l said:
Alice":3t7itz5l said:

That aint too hard, since there was only 9 other kids in my grade...aint got much more students nowadays either, I believe there's 24 kids in the Class of '07 this year

5 of us had enough credits to graduate at mid-term (62-63). We all went to Nam. 1 girl and 2 guys didn't make it back.Z

MillIronQH":34mb25dh said:
NamVet_Farmer44":34mb25dh said:
Alice":34mb25dh said:

5 of us had enough credits to graduate at mid-term (62-63). We all went to Nam. 1 girl and 2 guys didn't make it back.Z

6 of us headed off to Nam before highschool was over...all but 1 of us came back...out of the 3 left that still went to highschool, one of em moved away and the other went down off the side of the mountain in a bicycle and lost his life...the only gal left finished highschool, went off to college and came back here again to be a teacher, still teaches my grandchildren at the school and tells them stories about when I was a youngun, then I got to try to explain to them not to do the same things I did when I was there age :lol:

im 14 and i agreed to all but 3 still yet today! :lol: boy that sure does make me laugh thinking about this. i couldnt imagin it being any other way, gosh that makes me shudder.

cattleluvr18":35402dpn said:
im 14 and i agreed to all but 3 still yet today! :lol: boy that sure does make me laugh thinking about this. i couldnt imagin it being any other way, gosh that makes me shudder.

Your alright! :)

Alice

NamVet_Farmer44":2jxgvhfi said:
MillIronQH":2jxgvhfi said:
NamVet_Farmer44":2jxgvhfi said:
Alice":2jxgvhfi said:

6 of us headed off to Nam before highschool was over...all but 1 of us came back...out of the 3 left that still went to highschool, one of em moved away and the other went down off the side of the mountain in a bicycle and lost his life...the only gal left finished highschool, went off to college and came back here again to be a teacher, still teaches my grandchildren at the school and tells them stories about when I was a youngun, then I got to try to explain to them not to do the same things I did when I was there age :lol:

Out of such a small class...that's a lot. I'm so very sorry.

Alice

Try doing something wrong and outrun the sheriff think you lost him only to get home and see him waiting on the porch with Momma and Daddy. then hear them discuss which one was gonna spank you first.

oh i had a great way to keep my youngest daughter and her "can do no wrong friend "in ck . when thay were in that rebellious teenager stage... my last words way behave your selves, DONT MAKE ME SADDLE UP MY JACK AND COME AFTER YOUR ***! which , they called me on it one time! i drove then home w/ a donkey in the middle of the town and a ridding crop ! and the rest of summer coumminty service inthe hay field ! she never tryed to pull any thing over since then... LOL

Your friends would ask you if it was all right to ask your sister out.
You went two or three towns over to date just to make sure that you didn't end up with a cousin.

You and your friends would try to set the record as to how many kids you could fit in a pick up and still actually drive it.

Traffic was heavy when you were the third rig at the stop sign.

Your mama would whail on every kid in the house just to make sure she got the right one when something went wrong...neighbor kids included.

Susie David":xoua7d9o said:
Your friends would ask you if it was all right to ask your sister out.
You went two or three towns over to date just to make sure that you didn't end up with a cousin.

You and your friends would try to set the record as to how many kids you could fit in a pick up and still actually drive it.

Traffic was heavy when you were the third rig at the stop sign.

Your mama would whail on every kid in the house just to make sure she got the right one when something went wrong...neighbor kids included.

nice...very nice!!

1st one...yeah actually

2nd one... we arnt THAT bad

3rd one...yup 8 (mabe 9?)in a ford tarus (and we drove it around town illegally...ssshhhh dont let parentals hear)

4th one...unfortunetly :x[/i]

CORRECTION!! LET ME START OVER.

1st...yeah actually

2nd...yup 8 (mabe 9?)in a ford tarus (and we drove it around town illegally...ssshhhh dont let parentals hear)

3rd...what?!?! you can get 3 different rigs at a stop light?!?!? man your towns big :lol:

4th...yes!! unfortunetly :x

Latest posts