You Can Be My Neighbor

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1":2v8kadwd said:
I would love to be your neighbor can you spot me $5,014,999 so that we can make this happen? :lol2:

How about I get the 99 and some of the others can pitch in the rest? :lol:

slick4591":2bh0jenw said:
skyhightree1":2bh0jenw said:
I would love to be your neighbor can you spot me $5,014,999 so that we can make this happen? :lol2:

How about I get the 99 and some of the others can pitch in the rest? :lol:

:lol2:
Thats a really nice place I would love to have it. I guess she would rather have $ than the nice farm.

She's a high dollar attorney out Highland Park (read rich part of Dallas) and this place is a bother to her. There's also two other places he bought before he died that are several miles from the main place. I don't know much about them except he kept Angus at one, Hereford at one and baldies at the other. There's a ranch manager still living on the property but he's optional.

slick4591":20gbftdv said:
That is if you have some spare change laying around. A place just south of my farm is for sale. The gentleman died and his daughter could care less about the place. My farm is where the 570 is at the top of the aerial map.

http://republicranches.com/landlisting/ ... xas-ranch/

Beautiful place at least you shouldn't have to worry about crackheads buying it.

slick4591":3ultuwch said:
She's a high dollar attorney out Highland Park (read rich part of Dallas) and this place is a bother to her. There's also two other places he bought before he died that are several miles from the main place. I don't know much about them except he kept Angus at one, Hereford at one and baldies at the other. There's a ranch manager still living on the property but he's optional.

Geez.. I can only hope like He11 that my kids even if they do not stay around home they have the values i instilled in them to keep the land and not sell because their grandparents worked hard to get the lands and farms as do My wife and I and they will keep the land atleast. I am hoping they will take over the row crop operation and my business as a team but if it doesnt happen that way hopefully they will sell my equip and take that money and keep the land.

slick4591":2bfwkl9w said:
That is if you have some spare change laying around. A place just south of my farm is for sale. The gentleman died and his daughter could care less about the place. My farm is where the 570 is at the top of the aerial map.

http://republicranches.com/landlisting/ ... xas-ranch/
Will they let you fish in that little lake?? Looks awfully inviting.

TexasBred":1nma0pw6 said:
Will they let you fish in that little lake?? Looks awfully inviting.

I've fished that lake long before that guy bought the places and there was some good bass in there back when. I say places because he tried to buy everything in sight when he put it together. He would buy someone out then move to the next place that joined and try to get theirs. He was able to get that far before he hit dead ends in three directions. (The gubmint wasn't giving any on the east side.)

He also put up a heck of a fence that borders 570 on both sides. Those post are mostly 4" and 6" painted steel pipe filled with concrete.

Deer was reintroduced almost 20 years ago and the population is flourishing. I can't remember if this last season was the first or second season for bow hunters. Probably never be a gun season because our county is to populated. Nothing larger than whitetail, tho.

Lots of dove, ducks and small critters like it's always been. Some people are like Jo and waging war against the beavers. Plenty of coyotes, but they don't really cause many problems, but the hogs are like most places and tearing everything up. Neighbor to the north is a row cropper and had to swear off corn cause he couldn't keep it in the ground.

A big price for not so much land. I am always amazed at what happens as time goes forward.

We bought this 150 acre place 12 years ago for $150K and it was just appraised at slightly over one million. I still find it hard to believe as our place is so small yet apparently worth a fair bit more than we paid for it.

Mind you it is only worth what someone will actually pay!

Best to all

Bez

snake67":3rtjhq7a said:
A big price for not so much land. I am always amazed at what happens as time goes forward.

We bought this 150 acre place 12 years ago for $150K and it was just appraised at slightly over one million. I still find it hard to believe as our place is so small yet apparently worth a fair bit more than we paid for it.

Mind you it is only worth what someone will actually pay!

Best to all

Bez

My guess is there's some wiggle room, especially seeing how the daughter has talked about hating that her dad left the city and bought property. I don't think she needs the money, but would rather have some in her bank account instead of cows shytting on it.

Being that the property is about 40 or so miles from Dallas and 17 miles to one of the most desired places in Texas to live (McKinney), there's no place but up and up for land values. One problem I have with it selling for that amount is it will increase values which always increases taxes.

there are a lot of kids like her who don't want their parents places. I know of several big ranches for sale and been for sale for years. As soon as I win the lotto I am going to buy me a couple of them lol

papavillars":7vfv40mf said:
Looks like that small lake has more water in it than Lavon does.

Most private lakes around have more water than Lavon. And that's with them pumping out of Cooper.

Jogeephus":7vfv40mf said:
Nice place. I'd hate to ruin the neighborhood so I'm out.

I own property there so there's no way to ruin that neighborhood. :lol:

slick4591":2advr1kw said:
I own property there so there's no way to ruin that neighborhood.

Yeah, but you would surely move if your protests didn't pan out. I'm all to familiar with the term, "not in my backyard". :mrgreen:

Latest posts