yet another weed ID needed-E Texas-wet locations

Help Support CattleToday:

greybeard

Reaction score
Only grows in wet locations here, muddy soil or shallow standing water, tho I have also seen it prolific where old brush piles had been burned. Grows in clay, sand or real rich soil. Seems to have no particular preference other than dampness. Starts back in early spring and will grow thru mid summer.
What is it and what kills it? (Neither remedy nor 24D nor a mixture of the 2 phase it in the least-btdt)
It will get up to 2-3ft tall if left alone--cows won't touch it. Gets so thick it is difficult to get a bush hog thru it. It's kinda viney but not like green briar--it has just short runners.

Yeah...forget what it's called. I've got it in gulleys where water stands for a while before drying up. A Remedy and Clean Pasture mix will knock down but like CB says, it's back next year. It's in an area where I can't spray 2, 4-d with a boomless sprayer during cotton growing season.

GB I don't think it grows under water might get wiped out in the next week. Hope you got plenty of blue bell stock piled.
On a positive note you won't have to get off the porch to catch supper.

We just got 3" in about 45 minutes CB and from what I heard today, the area around Huntsville and just East of there also got hammered most of the day. It will probably be coming down the channel to see me in 36 hours or so. And of course, the power is off and I'm on genset.
Anyone seen that RafterS guy post? I heard Grimes county took a beating along with Bryan/College Sta.

greybeard":2itqr5pi said:
We just got 3" in about 45 minutes CB and from what I heard today, the area around Huntsville and just East of there also got hammered most of the day. It will probably be coming down the channel to see me in 36 hours or so. And of course, the power is off and I'm on genset.
Anyone seen that RafterS guy post? I heard Grimes county took a beating along with Bryan/College Sta.
Talked with the grandkids over in North Zulch said that area got hammered. We have had several power dips surprised it's still on.
SHECO is showing nearly 12k in the service area without power, one heck of a light show with dark red and purple on the radar. It has slacked up to steady rain now from looking like a fire hose coming in at a 45.

Latest posts