XLR - 250 RED AND GREEN

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1

Reaction score
I went out tonight with a few friends predator hunting for a few hours. I have an o light m20 in red i put on my rifle for those who may not know what it is its an LED Torch. aka powerful arse flashlight or so i thought. I used my friends XLR in green and man you can see in pitch black darkenss for a good 250 yards and its clear in the scope and eyes reflect really well so do my reflective pens in the wood lines i use to get to my stands in the early mornings. Here is what I experienced the green is awesome in the fields but reflects too much in the woods my red olight m20 is awesome in the woods. So for all you predator hunters green is a go for fields and red for if you are hunting in the woods and you will be good to go.

yea a few foxes 1out of three were killed the one killed was a red fox my buddy killed it. I didn't take any shots I just wanted to shoot bobcats or coyotes we also called in a few coons when we played chicken in distress but i wouldnt let them shoot them i want to run them with my dogs.

Skyhightree I have been thinking about getting one of those green lights to hunt hogs that are rooting up my fields. A hogs eye won't shine so can you see the whole animal in the light or just the eye shine. I've used red lenses before and out past 20 or so yards all I see is eye shine on animals. Also does it have adjustable beam from spot to flood?

Deepsouth you can see the whole animal with no problems what so ever and I mean if you have a good scope its super clear in a field. We scan fields with light predator hunting so we can quickly know where they are coming out of the woods at and get the gun on them but when they step out into an opening you see the whole animal like it is day time. Deep you will not be disappointed I am going to order mine tomorrow it sold me. Deep it is not adjustable. Deep anytime you use a red lens also known as a filter it is never that bright in my experience which is why I like the LED torches the bulbs are made red or green no covers needed.

Thanks, that thing is very bright. It looks to be a lot better than the old red lenses lights I use to predator hunt with, most of the time I was just shooting eyes. Heck I had to take a regular light to use to set up and walk in and out. That green light looks good. Where do you get them?

No problem its super bright you wouldn't believe how bright. A regular light is never a good thing to use IMO they see that walking into the woods and haul arse most of the time. I can get them here from my local sporting goods store for 120.00 comes with batteries car charger scope gun mount. I would search the internet if not readily available where you are. I am putting a link I found on a search. Where are you located?
http://www.allpredatorcalls.com/xlr250- ... hnologies/

If you hunt at night its a must have. I fell in love with that light. I want to see if i can get one in white as well for when i walk into my treestand in the woods in the morning and leaving at night.

Anything new in these barrel/scope mount lights?
I got a iProtec 02 beam (green) for Christmas and just got it mounted today. It looks promising right now, but daytime and dark are 2 different things.
Pretty dinky mount, but gift horse in mouth applies here.

The ad shows power in 'lux' but the paperwork in the box says 300 lumens @ 275 meters (900ft).
http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/29-7555

Anyone know anything about this one?

greybeard":2rn932yk said:
Anything new in these barrel/scope mount lights?
I got a iProtec 02 beam (green) for Christmas and just got it mounted today. It looks promising right now, but daytime and dark are 2 different things.
Pretty dinky mount, but gift horse in mouth applies here.

The ad shows power in 'lux' but the paperwork in the box says 300 lumens @ 275 meters (900ft).
http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/29-7555

Anyone know anything about this one?

GB- I don't know anything about them but light looks pretty good. Have you used it yet?

It's been foggy as heck the last 2 nigh and pouring rain the night before, but I can tell just from shining off my back porch that it won't go 245 meters with any clarity. It IS bright, but has too much diffusion--beam not focused tight enough at long distance for an old set of eyes like mine. Probably be great for checking cattle at night tho.
I also have it mounted above a scope and for some reason, the light creates a very annoying artifact or halo in the lower part of the scope lens. I may move it down on one side of or below the barrel and try that.
The local gunshop has a different one they swear everyone loves, but it was close to $300. I can't justify that $$$ as little hunting as I would be doing.

greybeard":f7inukww said:
Caustic Burno":f7inukww said:
Deepsouth":f7inukww said:
I've got to have one of those!

This is my favorite I just move it from rifle to rifle.
http://www.streamlight.com/en-us/produc ... ml?pid=279
At 100 yards, how big is the focused spot of the beam?

I am guessing 20 to 25 yards looks like daylight through a good scope.
That light has caused many a critter to depart.
I have picatinny scope rails on my 7-08 and 3 different 223's that is what
I like just move it to the rifle I select for that hunt. It spends most of its time
on a Ruger American in 223 by the front door.

I moved the light down near the muzzle and the artifact in my scope disappeared. Works good now. I used it last night and could see good enough to kill a beaver at about 30-40 yards.

Latest posts