Wrenches

Help Support CattleToday:

DiamondSCattleCo":2sww2kl5 said:
I dunno for sure how to get a good stand started, but I can definitely tell you how not to. Planting them in bales definitely doesn't work (DeWalt 18V cordless drill. Sold the bales to the neighbor and halfway through winter he brought it over asking if it was part of the deal. I know at least three ratchets with 1/2 sockets have been baled, but no luck on the SnapOn tree). Putting them through conditioning rolls before planting also doesn't work. And having the PTO hurl them into shop walls doesn't crack them enough to make seed....
Don;t put your cellphone ina round bale either. Almost impossible to find unless you get lucky and happen to be close to the right bale when the phone rings.

dun":397rdeqb said:
DiamondSCattleCo":397rdeqb said:
I dunno for sure how to get a good stand started, but I can definitely tell you how not to. Planting them in bales definitely doesn't work (DeWalt 18V cordless drill. Sold the bales to the neighbor and halfway through winter he brought it over asking if it was part of the deal. I know at least three ratchets with 1/2 sockets have been baled, but no luck on the SnapOn tree). Putting them through conditioning rolls before planting also doesn't work. And having the PTO hurl them into shop walls doesn't crack them enough to make seed....
Don;t put your cellphone ina round bale either. Almost impossible to find unless you get lucky and happen to be close to the right bale when the phone rings.

My dad's found his twice by going back to where he thinks he lost it and having me call him. My cousin dropped one in a grain bin and covered it up, anyway he was talking on the thing when he dropped it, this was back in the days before unlimited calling, he got a bill for like $900, before the battery went dead.

Larry

Larry we have both metric and imperial sets here , and they still all seem to disapper.. Darn ghosts, I wish they would put the tools back where they got them from in the first place.. :lol2:

Sometimes they show up a year later in the darndest spots.. :shock:

hillsdown":3fkvkm69 said:
Larry we have both metric and imperial sets here , and they still all seem to disapper.. Darn ghosts, I wish they would put the tools back where they got them from in the first place.. :lol2:

Sometimes they show up a year later in the darndest spots.. :shock:

:lol2: Ghosts, I never thought of that. When we were kids and dad would get on the tractor we were running, if there wasn't a full set of wrenches and a hammer and a screwdriver in the tool box, he would have a fit. We used to tell him somebody must have stolen them, but a ghost would have been more creative, and just as believable :lol2: .

Larry

It seems that my wrenches disappear most when anyone other than the original purchaser uses them, I know, I know.......none of you ever have that problem. :)

I would also like to offer a trade........all my 5/8, 11/16, 13/16, and 1" swapped even for 9/16 and 3/4 wrenches.

The other day I was killing time and poked around ina pawn shop for a while. Sockets from a dime to a quarter, box and open ends from 35 cents to a buck. A pawed around and didn;t see a single 9/16

dun":3jkflucr said:
The other day I was killing time and poked around ina pawn shop for a while. Sockets from a dime to a quarter, box and open ends from 35 cents to a buck. A pawed around and didn;t see a single 9/16

Maybe the pawn shop owner keeps loosing his and he just keeps them. It doesn't necessarily have to be him that's losing them.......maybe it's his kids, brothers, cousins, buddies, black holes, etc, etc.

I personally believe that Big Foots have an affinity for 9/16's and that's where they all go. On the rare occasion that I happen to locate the elusive 9/16 it's usually accompanied by it's smaller cousin the 1/2, they seem to have an attraction for one another.

I once told my son, I could not wait until his son wanted to use his wrenches. I could show him how to leave them on the ground and all over the place.
Tom.

kerley":2hnh47jz said:
I once told my son, I could not wait until his son wanted to use his wrenches. I could show him how to leave them on the ground and all over the place.
Tom.

:clap: lmao.. I have picked tools up from hubby and my father..I refuse to do that anymore, I am not their mommy..and have told them both that.. Use it and then put it back how hard it that.

Now the tools get picked up by me and hidden ,,,until I feel they need to appear. I have a huge stock pile of farm tools (wrenches and sockets) in my house that come in very handy for me now.. ;-)

I'm still looking for that left handed monkey wrench my Dad told me to go get about 50 or so years ago.

Cal

Calman":2wf72g98 said:
I'm still looking for that left handed monkey wrench my Dad told me to go get about 50 or so years ago.

Cal
A neighbor has a left handed crescent wrench! The opening and closing thumb wheel work just opposite of every other one I've seen

Latest posts