Best cordless impact wrenches

Help Support CattleToday:

I've got the Milwaukee and it's adequate but a 1/2 air driven is better.

I have Milwaukee and am pretty happy with them. Sometimes you can go to CPO and get them reconditioned, save a little money.

The DeWalt 20v is pretty stout as well.

sstterry":5qaj6k6p said:
callmefence":5qaj6k6p said:
Any opinions

The Dewalt 20 volt gets good reviews.
The Dewalt 20 volt is the only one I have any experience with. But after you get one you'll wonder how you ever lived without one! Though it is NOT A replacement for a good air impact

Got the 20v Dewalt as well. Would have never believed how strong it is until I owned one. Plenty of torque. Especially reverse torque. Took all 4 tires off of one of my tractors. 38" backs and 24" fronts. Then took apart the rims and changed width. Then remounted all 4 tires. All on one battery charge. Needed a cheater pipe on the pull handle to tighten them any more. Ever since then I have used it as much as any tool I own.

I've got a 20V Dewalt 1/2", it does alright. I bought a 18V Milwaukee Fuel One Key 3/4" a couple of weeks ago as part of my current dozer undercarriage project. All I can say is wow. It's obviously not like an air wrench that you work hard all day, but for a few minutes at a time it's just as good. 1500 ft lbs of break out is impressive in my opinion. I was able to remove all the rusted in 3/4" bolts from my track frames. The best corded 3/4 I could find for torque was a Mikita at a little less than 800 ft lbs if memory serves. That's quite a difference.

Milwaukee Fuel, you will be amazed. Be gentle it will ring them off quick when you crank down.

We've been using the Kobalt 24V setup for over a year now with good results. The warranty on the tools, batteries, and replacement battery prices are why we started with them. We don't need the extended run time and the 2.0 Ah batteries being $20 a piece are nice.

We've dropped our 1/2" cordless impact from about fifteen feet high onto concrete twice and hasn't hurt it a bit other than a couple of marks.

sim.-ang.king":3j2e987c said:
I have a 2 dewalt 1/2" impact wrenches, one is the smaller compact version, both 18v. Also have a air impact for use on the real hard stuck stuff.
I did pick up one of these on black Friday for $100. We will see how well it works...
https://www.homedepot.com/p/DEWALT-18-V ... /206526033

Now that IS interesting. I wonder if they are just zapping the 18v tools with 20v or the adapter has a resistor in it?
(20v to 18v tool probably won't hurt it much if any at all)

you can pick up those dewalt XR battiers on Ebay for cheap.

I just picked up soem 5.0ah for 114/twin pack.

going to pick up the XR circular saw.. hoping to find another buy a saw get a 6.0ah battery for free deal..

greybeard":3c1n3het said:
sim.-ang.king":3c1n3het said:
I have a 2 dewalt 1/2" impact wrenches, one is the smaller compact version, both 18v. Also have a air impact for use on the real hard stuck stuff.
I did pick up one of these on black Friday for $100. We will see how well it works...
https://www.homedepot.com/p/DEWALT-18-V ... /206526033

Now that IS interesting. I wonder if they are just zapping the 18v tools with 20v or the adapter has a resistor in it?
(20v to 18v tool probably won't hurt it much if any at all)

Probably doesn't have a resistor in it. That would be a horribly inefficient way to drop 2 volts DC.

Latest posts