wow, has anybody ever heard of this

Help Support CattleToday:

plbcattle

Reaction score
I have been investigating a feed that several people feed and are quite impressed. if has corn gluten, cotton seed mill and waffles. yes that is right waffles. A major manufactor of waffles has a waste of about 2000lbs an hour of waffles. they sell this to a feed distributor who mixes these together for a cattle feed. it is around 18% protein with a high fat content. around 12%. it is half the cost of my current feed. 80$ a ton delivered to my ranch. this is being delivered from around Memphis. I assume that is is a lot cheaper if you don't have to have it hauled in so far.I am feeding a ration that is $150 a ton now. I would have to get a trailer load(23 tons). has anyone ever used this or heard of it. several buig ranches I know of are feeding this. I was thinking about using it but was just curious

Watch that fat level--- over 4 % total ration messes up forage digestion.

Wish I could get my hands on it :)

Angus breeder down the road fed this stuff to some bulls last year.

Blew the feet right "OFF" of 'em. They looked like they were about to go skiing.

I have fed waffles before that were mixed with cotton tailings. We got them in and mixed with chicken litter for a protein sorce. They worked fine but this feed will be high in moisture, 20 to 40 % depending on rain. So know beforehand you will be buying a lot of water fo $80 per ton.

Johnny

Johnny":o0tepwg2 said:
I have fed waffles before that were mixed with cotton tailings. We got them in and mixed with chicken litter for a protein sorce. They worked fine but this feed will be high in moisture, 20 to 40 % depending on rain. So know beforehand you will be buying a lot of water fo $80 per ton.

Johnny
Johnny,

After saying you've used chicken litter, you may want to lay low for a while! LOL :D

We currently do not feed chicken litter even tho it is legal.

In the past we used it extensivly to develop our bulls and heifers in a PB operation. Also used it as a protein supplement for our cows.It makes an excellant feed.

Because of BSE we discontinued feeding it, although many in chicken country are still feeding it.

Johnny

Latest posts