woven wire floor

Help Support CattleToday:

simcross

Reaction score
Does anyone know where you can get woven wire floor (confinement hog flooring) to use on trailer floor
Thanks

simcross said:
Does anyone know where you can get woven wire floor (confinement hog flooring) to use on trailer floor
Thanks
I have used cattle panels. Lay them on the floor and use bolt cutters to cut to size and nail down with fencing staples. My last trailer was 7' wide on the floor and I cut one panel and mig welded it to the other to span the width of the floor.

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/feedlot-panel-cattle-16-ft-l-x-50-in-h

Are you talking about replacing the existing floor with tenderfoot? (Its what it used in hog nurseries, maybe a 1/4" gap between wires) Talk to your local Ag construction company, or a neighbor who raises confinement hogs.
My old trailer that goes between farms has an oak floor. We bolted 2x4 cleats to the floor for traction temporarily. The plan is to cover the floor with diamond tread and weld 3/4" rebar cleats to it for footing

This is what I used in my farrowing crates and my guess it's on the same line you are looking for. Sure would take a lot of extra bracing on a trailer floor for cows.

I have a 16 foot x 6 foot WW goose neck. I have the panel shown in the link. it is welded to the the steel channels that hold the trailer together. It is five foot wide so you have 6 inches of space on each side and does not seem to matter. I think that the plastic coated mesh for hogs would end up being as slick as the floor in the trailer now.
http://okbrandwire.com/agricultural-products/livestock-panels/bull-panels/

What I am talking about comes in 4 feet by 8 feet pieces it is not plastic coated, it is round rod woven together, it is strong enough when you have a support on the edges and one down middle it is strong enough. No ag construction companies around here building hog confinement anymore, no hog confinements close
Thank You

simcross said:
What I am talking about comes in 4 feet by 8 feet pieces it is not plastic coated, it is round rod woven together, it is strong enough when you have a support on the edges and one down middle it is strong enough. No ag construction companies around here building hog confinement anymore, no hog confinements close
Thank You

Is this what you are looking for.
https://www.farmerboyag.com/woven-steel-wire-flooring

I have something like what Hurley posted except they are squares about 1"x1". It is very strong. I have a roll of it next to the old tin sluice in the abandon mine I now own. I cut a section to frame and bolt onto the grill on my D4 dozer to help reinforce from branches that get under the solid protection on the blade and stick rake. Works well. I assume that this is the sort of thing that you are after. Sorry can't help you to source some, maybe buy an abandon tin mine but hope the description helps. Best of luck sourcing some.

Ken

simcross said:
Thanks

Sounds like woven wire mesh. I've used it for equipment screens to guard the operator. Metals depot.com sells it in different sizes. A little pricey but very good stuff.

Thank you Lucky and hurleyjd, woven wire mesh is what I was talking about
Simcross

Latest posts