Would you breed a Lim-Flex50 to another 50 or a Pure Limo?

Help Support CattleToday:

AussieLim

Reaction score
Just asking seedstock producers that produce SimAngus or LimFlex which way do they breed a half blood. We currently have LimFlex50s & LimFlex75s and I can grade up or stabilize the cross. The 75s I may even join back to Angus on the first calf??? Opinions

Do no for sure you got half bloods?? If i was gonna raise limflex i would use the best half bloods i could find. The best i have seen were 75% Limi and are being stabilized at that.

On my Simmy % cattle. Half blood heifers I use half blood or Angus bull because there are so many 3/4 AI bulls around anymore easy to get them back to half blood calves. Personally do not care for my 3/4 blood cows as they seem to be the worst in the bunch. (very few numbers, just my observation)

Mature cows I use half bloods as I think on them resulting 2nd generation half bloods you increace uniformity but also it is a struggle watching 2 breeds pedigree wise for inbreeding........

Red bull they are for sure half bloods as I bred them by AIing my best registered Angus cows. I have some resulting calves from 1/2 on 1/2 but I am yet to say they are any better then the F1. I think as heifers I will have a play joining Lim-Flex75s to Angus as this will guarantee easy calving & create a Lim-Flex35 (I think??) As cows I most likely breed em up depending on Australia market demand for % cattle. At this stage cattle is only a developing market here.

Yes most of our Limflex50s are sired by black Purebreds (around 86-90% Fullblood) We do have a few we bred out of 1 generation removed French (Ionesco son) to put the muscle in but Ionesco is the only one I'd use as I can't find any others that won't give u a lot of bad & back 25 years!

Latest posts