Worst Meal Ever

Help Support CattleToday:

Bullbuyer

Reaction score
Since there's no hay to mow, no vegetables to sale and don't look like there will be anytime soon. I started thinking - smell the smoke? Anyway, we're always asking - what's your favorite or best in several topics. So here's my question : What's the worst meal you ever had? No matter where it was - home or restaurant.
Mine was many years ago - some kind of burger patty trying to imitate "chopped steak" it was covered in Heinz 57 and a side of INSTANT Mashed taters. I was just a kid but I can remember it like it was yesterday, didn't know they even made fake taters until then!

This evokes memories of church camp at good old Latham Springs. Powdered eggs. That's all I have to say.

Also, the cafeteria at my elementary/jr high used to make this stuff they refered to as "lasagne", that could make me have acid indigestion from smelling it cooking. from my house! That, my friends, is a bad meal.

No one ever believes me when I say that. But I could stand out in the yard when I started walking to school and when I caught a whiff of it, I would immediately start to produce excess stomach acids that would churn up my esophagus. I lived about two blocks from school.

They also produced a hamburger-like food that was assembled early in the mornings so that by the time you got to lunch, the patty had adhered to the buns in such a way as to make seperation to add lettuce or condiments impossible. And it was stone cold. I used to pick the top off the buns. No wonder I was so skinny.

BTW, and I have seen this with my own eyes, we were not allowed to dump our own plates. If the staff had, say, a burger that had one bite off it, they would cut off that part of the burger and serve what was left as seconds the next day.

Yes, I was very thin when I was in school.

This didn't require much thought! Famous Dave's BBQ - the worst I've ever eaten - the entire meal, not just the pork. Don't think they'll be in business long around here.

I am trying to remember if it was the first X wife or the second. Guess it really doesn't matter. One of them made Shepherd's pie and told me how great it is. I had one bite and threw my whole plate in the trash and politely told her I never wanted her to cook that stuff again.

It was so bad, I tried to feed it to my dog and he wouldn't eat it. You know that had to be bad. :shock:

I choose to envoke my right to remain silent. My wife may use anything I say against me in house or home. :secret: :secret: :secret:

cfpinz

Yesterday!
Lunch from the deli in the local small grocery. Two baked pork chops and green beans. I didn't throw up, but wished I could.
I'm ok now, so I guess it wasn't deadly.

flaboy?":33w5tvt7 said:
I am trying to remember if it was the first X wife or the second. Guess it really doesn't matter. One of them made Shepherd's pie and told me how great it is. I had one bite and threw my whole plate in the trash and politely told her I never wanted her to cook that stuff again.

It was so bad, I tried to feed it to my dog and he wouldn't eat it. You know that had to be bad. :shock:

I like Shepherd's Pie. What'd she do to it? I thought that was one of those dishes you can't mess up. Just all the things one loves in pie form!

Lammie":fb8lzb8k said:
flaboy?":fb8lzb8k said:

I like Shepherd's Pie. What'd she do to it? I thought that was one of those dishes you can't mess up. Just all the things one loves in pie form!

I don't know. Maybe she was trying to poison me who knows. I know I had a Doberman at the time and to this day I remember him walking over to his bowl, smelling it, and walking away. It sat there all night and he never touched it and this was a dog that would eat oranges.

DrumRunner728":skeepx7l said:
I'm with you, Lammie! But if the dog wouldn't eat it, I think flaboy has won the blue ribbon. :p

I'd say he's in the lead for sure! I'm anxious to hear from the Tennessee boys on this one - I'm sure they'll have some good ones.

Bullbuyer":30u5g4zb said:
DrumRunner728":30u5g4zb said:
I'm with you, Lammie! But if the dog wouldn't eat it, I think flaboy has won the blue ribbon. :p

I'd say he's in the lead for sure! I'm anxious to hear from the Tennessee boys on this one - I'm sure they'll have some good ones.
Just exactly what are you trying to say? :roll:

BrianL":qnkf3wwn said:
Bullbuyer":qnkf3wwn said:
DrumRunner728":qnkf3wwn said:

Just exactly what are you trying to say? :roll:

Well, let's just say that there's a few fellers from Tennessee that have a reputation for tellin' tales - no names of course.

the dining hall in college had a casserole that they made -
don't remember the name but very few people ate it

we cleaned our own plates and used to laugh that the casserole was made from the plate scrapings

While in an un-named dessert on a mission once I had an MRE with dehydrated fruit, deydrated humburger patty, dehydrated ketchup and deydrated drink mix with only a half canteen of water. No that sucked! Oh what I would have done for a John Wayne Bar.

Once my mother made something she called "Fish Helper" (tryin to trick us into thinking it was Betty Crocker cusine ) full of imitation crab meat and... bugh... gross... :frowns:

DrumRunner728":1alx5rn5 said:
This didn't require much thought! Famous Dave's BBQ - the worst I've ever eaten - the entire meal, not just the pork. Don't think they'll be in business long around here.

OMG! I can't hardly believe it! We go to Famous Dave's, (Haywrd, WI) a couple of times a year... a trip and worth it!

Michele

Not in Tallahassee - a table of 8 and we all got up and walked out. Swore we'd never go back and we haven't. The restaurant is walking distance from my office and I've heard probably 20 of my co-workers complain about the food, too.