Worlds cutest heifer

Help Support CattleToday:

Jeanne - Simme Valley":2cs491oo said:
3waycross":2cs491oo said:
Pretty cute.

angus.jpg
YUP!! great pic
Almost perfect whorl! This is an indication of HIGH docility traits!

DOC HARRIS

DOC, when I first heard the whorl theory a few years ago I laughed at the idea. I read a study on it by OSU that showed an 80% accuracy level between the placement and definition of the whorl and docility and I still laughed.....................then I started looking at my own cows and found out that the cows with well defined whorls even with the eyes or lower were much more docile than cattle with higher placed whorls. I told my neighbor and he laughed it of until he checked his own as well.......he came back and said it was uncanny how accurate it was on his cows too.

Nearly all cows at the ranch were pretty calm and docile and last year's calves were pretty calm despite of not see them that much during summer time.

HOSS":2x29ucv4 said:
DOC, when I first heard the whorl theory a few years ago I laughed at the idea. I read a study on it by OSU that showed an 80% accuracy level between the placement and definition of the whorl and docility and I still laughed.....................then I started looking at my own cows and found out that the cows with well defined whorls even with the eyes or lower were much more docile than cattle with higher placed whorls. I told my neighbor and he laughed it of until he checked his own as well.......he came back and said it was uncanny how accurate it was on his cows too.
How interesting! Need to do a whorl check here. :)

How about entering some pics of these "worlds cutest heifers/calves" in this weeks photo contest . Or are you scared that you may get beat out by some really cute feathered babies ;-) :lol:

Could use some more entries and this week is specific to spring and new "babies" babies on the farm. Something I am sure just about everyone has . :tiphat:

Well I had a pair of heifers born on 9/19/12 that will put all of the ones pictured to shame, they were a bit small but were without a doubt the cutest heifers I have ever seen! Now if I can only find a dang picture of them.

Gizmom

Here is one of my Predestined heifers, just tagged and vaccinated her yesterday, really easy to work with.

2-5-12.jpg

I can't beleive that no one called me out on my last post about having the cutest twin heifers. But I found a picture so what do you think are these cute heifers or what????

222ellaandsydneybloomerscloseup.jpg

Ilovebeef.jpg

You know how us first time grandmothers are just a bit over the top !!!! I swear I can't help myself! I am ga ga over my girls!!!

Gizmom
http://www.gizmoangus.com
http://www.gizmoangus.blogspot.com

Not a heifer but I think he's cute. This is my Brahman cross bull calf at a week old

09April2012004.jpg

09April2012BabeCalfWeekOld.jpg

And here is his momma, taken last summer. Sire is a black bull

Septtemps093.jpg

She's a lot darker in winter coat
09April2012010.jpg

Latest posts