World Series prediction ?

Help Support CattleToday:

With all the home runs being hit everyone is talking 'juiced' ball, but Former ML pitcher (4 decades 1959-1983)
Jim "Kitty" Kaat says...
"No, it's the bats. The new polymer varnishes used today makes a wood bat harder than a metal bat."

I think he is right. There has not been one bat broken in the entire world series and I can't remember seeing any
broken during the few other games I watched this year.

Son of Butch":2eit2kpi said:
With all the home runs being hit everyone is talking 'juiced' ball, but Former ML pitcher (4 decades 1959-1983)
Jim "Kitty" Kaat says...
"No, it's the bats. The new polymer varnishes used today makes a wood bat harder than a metal bat."

I think he is right. There has not been one bat broken in the entire world series and I can't remember seeing any
broken during the few other games I watched this year.
I think it's the batter, baseball players are a lot stronger today and have been taught how to hit the ball hard from a young age. In every sport strength and condition plays a major role.

Babe Ruth holds record for longest verifiable home run 575 feet.
Dave Kingman 550' Wrigley Field 1979
Ted Williams holds Fenway Park record 502' 1946
Dodge Stadium 507' Willie Stargell 1969
Minute Maid Stadium Houston 486' Prince Fielder 2010
Barry Bonds 499' 2000

2017 set a new record for most regular season home runs, breaking the old record of 5,693 set back in 2000
during the heyday of the steroid era.

What's going on?
Jim Kaat says it is not the ball or the players, it's the new varnish which is being used by bat manufacturers.
What use to be long outs are now short home runs because of the new style of bat manufacturing.
Which is why the number of home runs are up dramatically in 2017 and the number of broken bats is down.

Announcers are bragging on Verlander's stamina, that he even threw a complete game this year.
Looked up Jim Kaat's stats 1966 25 wins 19 complete games. Finished 2nd in Cy Young voting to Sandy Koufax 27-9
1966 was the last season in which only 1 Cy Young Award was awarded for both leagues.

1965 World Series Kaat was the starting pitcher for the Twins in games 2, 5 and 7 facing Sandy Koufax in all 3
He won 5-0 in game 2 lost game 5 and both Kaat and Koufax pitched the 7th game on 2 days rest. Koufax won 2-0

Kaat is not in the hall of fame, but his 283 career wins is more than 10 Hall of Famers including his contemporaries
Don Drysdale, Whitey Ford and Bob Gibson.

Houston just took 1-0 lead in the 3rd inning.

Son of Butch":i8jv7mtw said:
Babe Ruth holds record for longest verifiable home run 575 feet.
Dave Kingman 550' Wrigley Field 1979
Ted Williams holds Fenway Park record 502' 1946
Dodge Stadium 507' Willie Stargell 1969
Minute Maid Stadium Houston 486' Prince Fielder 2010
Barry Bonds 499' 2000

2017 set a new record for most regular season home runs, breaking the old record of 5,693 set back in 2000
during the heyday of the steroid era.

What's going on?
Jim Kaat says it is not the ball or the players, it's the new varnish which is being used by bat manufacturers.
What use to be long outs are now short home runs because of the new style of bat manufacturing.
Which is why the number of home runs are up dramatically in 2017 and the number of broken bats is down.
Did they ever get a measurement on the one Reggie Jackson hit into the lights in the All star game one year or is it still traveling??

Son of Butch":3ejxxsaz said:
I expect the Dodgers to put the Astros away tonight
prediction... I'm torn between

Dodgers 5
Astros 2
or
Dodgers 6
Astros 4

You had the points too high but the spread in score correct. My prediction is that the series will go 7 games and one of the teams will win. But I am in Dun's camp. Most people won't care who wins. That includes me.

Brute 23":amonzycs said:
I guess that's.. that. Go find a safe space to think about that California. :lol2:
You tryin to 'trigger' somebody ain'tcha?

I thought I'd lived long and good when the Cubs won the title...........reaper can't be far off now that I've lived long enough to see the Astros do the same thing.

greybeard":14it4uqk said:
Brute 23":14it4uqk said:
I guess that's.. that. Go find a safe space to think about that California. :lol2:
You tryin to 'trigger' somebody ain'tcha?

I thought I'd lived long and good when the Cubs won the title...........reaper can't be far off now that I've lived long enough to see the Astros do the same thing.
The est part is the ex-Brooklyn dodgers lost.

Don Drysdale, "In my day, World Series bonus money meant something. Now it just screws up their taxes."

How outrageous are the Dodgers players salaries?
World Series = Pay Cut
Winner - $385,000 each or $55,000 per game
Loser - $225,000 each or $32,150

Dodgers salary average $62,000 per game
Astros $30,500

Son of Butch":3mi0of31 said:
Don Drysdale, "In my day, World Series bonus money meant something. Now it just screws up their taxes."

How outrageous are the Dodgers players salaries?
World Series = Pay Cut
Winner - $385,000 each or $55,000 per game
Loser - $225,000 each or $32,150

Dodgers salary average $62,000 per game
Astros $30,500
You'll see that change considerably as of last night......as a life long Dodger fan going way back to Brooklyn "Congratulations Astros".....you earned it !!!

Kershaw makes 35 million a year.
Divided that by 162 games and its 200k a game.
He pitches ever 5th day so he gets aprox 1 million per game pitched

Cross-7":1w3bz7is said:
Then look at a pro football player making 100 million for 16-18 games.

TexasBred":3sejlytm said:
Cross-7":3sejlytm said:
Then look at a pro football player making 100 million for 16-18 games.
Wrong answer...
Highest paid player in the NFL this year is qb Matthew Stafford reported as 27 million per season....
but it gets tricky....this year 1.1 million salary and a 50 million signing bonus.

Clayton Kershaw 7 yr contract 215 million for a 30.7 m average and in baseball contracts all money is guaranteed.

Matthew Stafford 5 yr 135 million contract in NFL contracts NO money is guaranteed, BUT he received part of his
contract as a 50 million dollar signing bonus, effectively bringing his 5 season average to 27 million....
IF he remains on their roster all 5 years.

The most money ever earned in the NFL is 248.7 million by Peyton Manning in 18 seasons for an average of 13.82 m.

Son of Butch":1dkur7sd said:
Kershaw 18-4 started 27 games and pitched 175 innings
27 games = 1.29 million per game pitched or 1.94 million per win
I wonder if he watched the Astros' homecoming parade on TV this morning? :lol: :lol: :lol: