World Junior Championships

Help Support CattleToday:

Silver

Reaction score
Just in case you southerners haven't been watching, tonight might be a good time to start. The US has a great team again this year, and are playing Finland in the semi final game. This is great hockey and always an enjoyable watch.

Usually this is some of the most entertaining hockey to watch and look forward to it. This year I only watched maybe 3 periods total. Turned it on last night but guide said it was the bronze medal game and went back to wife's show and forgot about it. Didn't think anyone could keep up with Canada this year based on scores. Did Canada have more kids available this year due to other leagues not playing? I know a lot of years a few of their better players are unable to play in this tournament. Canada - U.S. rivalry has really grown in the past 10 years or so, been fun as a fan. Always amazed at how good Finland is with their smaller population.

Canada's captain and arguably best player got hurt in a preliminary game and did not return, so that hurt. Alexis Lafreniere (number one in the NHL draft in 2020) was not released to the team by the NY Rangers. But I'm sure USA had similar issues. The US college program is producing some truly great players, and I think Canada / USA will be an evenly contested rivalry for many years to come.

Latest posts