World Cup fever

Help Support CattleToday:

chrisy

Reaction score
Do you have World Cup fever in America and Australia, like we have here in England, every thing stops for the footie, TV programmes are put on later, and some you have been following are suspended until after the Cup is over. then it will be....Wimbledon fortnight and it all changes again. it makes me so :mad: not everyone enjoys sports, they should have there own channel, to give us who don't like sport a brake. sorry just a little rant and rave (conniption fit) by a a disgruntaled non sports person.

My word NO!
Why any one would watch a bunch of folks chase a litte b&w ball around a field is beyond me.
Its a kin to those that watch all those big husky guys in padded suits try to kill each other over that squashed pig skin (I.E. Football US style)
Me I am too busy building fence and mowing grass

Soccer is just now catching on here. I think that after enough people have played it since they were little kids that there will be more interest. Around here, schools are just recently adding soccer as an official sport at the high school level. Both my kids played and they didn't like it enough to stay with it for more than 3 or 4 seasons. I made them do some kind of sports when they were little to get their pastey little butts out of the house and away from the video games, until they got old enough to get involved in band or something like that. Then I let them quit if they wanted.

We're not much on the soccer thing and according to the recent TV ratings - we're not too much on hockey either. Personally, I don't care for hockey or soccer - anxiouosly awaiting some National Football League preseason.

Bullbuyer":1f3tcqse said:
Rookie":1f3tcqse said:
I couldn't be carin any less about soccer, nor any other sport, for that matter.

What about bullriding ? Now there's a sport that separates men from boys !

Naw, I wouldn't much care about that neither, the last time I saw some, they be wearin all sorts of "protective gear". Don't seem right somehow.Made it look to "staged". Riders never used ta need that stuff, and if they got busted up, well that just be part of the game.

Bullbuyer":93hvs14o said:
Rookie":93hvs14o said:
I couldn't be carin any less about soccer, nor any other sport, for that matter.

that aint all it separates either. stuff like skulls ribs, arms legs. but rodeo is my sport ;-)

If you are going to watch sports this time of the year.... well it is baseball season. That is an American sport. My kids all played soccer when they were little. All but the youngest girl quit soccer to play other sports as they got older. There seems like hundreds of little kids play soccer around here but by the time they reach 12 years old there is barely enough left to field a single team. At that age other sport get more participation.

ALACOWMAN":3voui4eb said:
Bullbuyer":3voui4eb said:
Rookie":3voui4eb said:

that aint all it separates either. stuff like skulls ribs, arms legs. but rodeo is my sport ;-)
Nothing is better than rodeo.

Rookie":1ramud2u said:
Bullbuyer":1ramud2u said:
Rookie":1ramud2u said:

Naw, I wouldn't much care about that neither, the last time I saw some, they be wearin all sorts of "protective gear". Don't seem right somehow.Made it look to "staged". Riders never used ta need that stuff, and if they got busted up, well that just be part of the game.

I dont like all that protective gear either...but if you ever rode a bull then you'd know that aint no vest or helmet gonna matter when you get your chest stomped on...aint nothin staged about it...a little vest aint gonna stop your ribs from crushin through your lungs when you get stomped on

Bullbuyer":1mspacqs said:
Rookie":1mspacqs said:

It isn't a real sport if you can not die from it. :D

I do not watch much sports on TV but like all sports but Soccer! I did encourage my son to play soccer last year because it got him in shape for Football. Soccer might be boring to watch but it might be one of the best for keeping kids active and in shape.

Heritage_Farmboy":2j5qjekj said:
Rookie":2j5qjekj said:
Bullbuyer":2j5qjekj said:
Rookie":2j5qjekj said:

I dont like all that protective gear either...but if you ever rode a bull then you'd know that aint no vest or helmet gonna matter when you get your chest stomped on...aint nothin staged about it...a little vest aint gonna stop your ribs from crushin through your lungs when you get stomped on

So if the gear don't matter, why wear it?

Rookie":317lgc62 said:
Heritage_Farmboy":317lgc62 said:
Bullbuyer":317lgc62 said:

never said it dont matter...it'll help some, just look what happened to Lane Frost back when they didn't wear vests...but im saying that when you got a 2,000 pound bull jumping on top of you...well a vest aint gonna stop you from gettin hurt...it might help a little but it aint going to take away the injuries...and if you think a helmet will take away all the injuries...you must not have seen Scott Breding try to ride Bodacious...it knocked him out, gave him a concussion, and crushed his eye socket...yeah...I dont see how any of that looks "staged"

TurnThatCowLooseMaw":f3ty42ex said:
I aint gonna tell you what we called soccer players in high school. But it has the word grass in it and some other "word" in it.

we never had a soccer team in high school...actually we didn't have any teams at all in high school :lol:

Heritage_Farmboy":22512u8w said:
Rookie":22512u8w said:
Heritage_Farmboy":22512u8w said:
Bullbuyer":22512u8w said:

never said it dont matter...it'll help some, just look what happened to Lane Frost back when they didn't wear vests...but im saying that when you got a 2,000 pound bull jumping on top of you...well a vest aint gonna stop you from gettin hurt...it might help a little but it aint going to take away the injuries...and if you think a helmet will take away all the injuries...you must not have seen Scott Breding try to ride Bodacious...it knocked him out, gave him a concussion, and crushed his eye socket...yeah...I dont see how any of that looks "staged"

Funny, I coulda swore ya wrote "that aint no vest or helmet gonna matter" in ya last post. Must be my eyes aint what they used ta be.

Rookie":2dfz2xub said:
Heritage_Farmboy":2dfz2xub said:
Heritage_Farmboy":2dfz2xub said:
Bullbuyer":2dfz2xub said:

Funny, I coulda swore ya wrote "that aint no vest or helmet gonna matter" in ya last post. Must be my eyes aint what they used ta be.

it aint going to matter when your getting stomped on...them vests aint solid...they wont take any weight off of the bull when he's stepping on you...all the force is still going down on the rider's chest...a vest will help a horn from stickin in your though...and well...if you think it's staged...i'd like to see you go get on a bull and try riding it...them boys got more guts than you'll ever have...it easy to talk about something...its another thing to do it...you say its staged and all that...well boy...you'd crap your pants if you tried to ride one of them bulls...even if you had a dang full body SWAT team suit on

Heritage_Farmboy":193chnsc said:
Rookie":193chnsc said:
Bullbuyer":193chnsc said:

it aint going to matter when your getting stomped on...them vests aint solid...they wont take any weight off of the bull when he's stepping on you...all the force is still going down on the rider's chest...a vest will help a horn from stickin in your though...and well...if you think it's staged...i'd like to see you go get on a bull and try riding it...them boys got more guts than you'll ever have...it easy to talk about something...its another thing to do it...you say its staged and all that...well boy...you'd crap your pants if you tried to ride one of them bulls...even if you had a dang full body SWAT team suit on

Now now there farmboy, what I said is that it made it LOOK staged, and I stick by that statement. Guess i hurt ya feelins by callin ya out on ya denyin what ya plainly said about not matterin.As for my courage sir, ya got no clue. Such is evident by ya resortin ta Ad Hominem attacks on me personally. Get a thicker skin there dude. Ya be WAY to sensitive for ya own good ! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rookie":2fsvz55p said:
Heritage_Farmboy":2fsvz55p said:
Bullbuyer":2fsvz55p said:

Now now there farmboy, what I said is that it made it LOOK staged, and I stick by that statement. Guess i hurt ya feelins by callin ya out on ya denyin what ya plainly said about not matterin.As for my courage sir, ya got no clue. Such is evident by ya resortin ta Ad Hominem attacks on me personally. Get a thicker skin there dude. Ya be WAY to sensitive for ya own good ! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ah...so you got a lot of courage huh?...and I need a thicker skin?...son...go join the military or try ridin a bull...then you can come back talkin bout courage...you aint got no idea boy

aplusmnt":2l0daysd said:
Bullbuyer":2l0daysd said:
Rookie":2l0daysd said:

It isn't a real sport if you can not die from it. :D

I do not watch much sports on TV but like all sports but Soccer! I did encourage my son to play soccer last year because it got him in shape for Football. Soccer might be boring to watch but it might be one of the best for keeping kids active and in shape.

if you want to get into shape for American Football try our Rugby, not soccer that will tell the Men from the Boys.

Latest posts