Heritage_Farmboy":3gzil33m said:
Rookie":3gzil33m said:
Bullbuyer":3gzil33m said:
I couldn't be carin any less about soccer, nor any other sport, for that matter.

What about bullriding ? Now there's a sport that separates men from boys !

Naw, I wouldn't much care about that neither, the last time I saw some, they be wearin all sorts of "protective gear". Don't seem right somehow.Made it look to "staged". Riders never used ta need that stuff, and if they got busted up, well that just be part of the game.

I dont like all that protective gear either...but if you ever rode a bull then you'd know that aint no vest or helmet gonna matter when you get your chest stomped on...aint nothin staged about it...a little vest aint gonna stop your ribs from crushin through your lungs when you get stomped on

So if the gear don't matter, why wear it?

never said it dont matter...it'll help some, just look what happened to Lane Frost back when they didn't wear vests...but im saying that when you got a 2,000 pound bull jumping on top of you...well a vest aint gonna stop you from gettin hurt...it might help a little but it aint going to take away the injuries...and if you think a helmet will take away all the injuries...you must not have seen Scott Breding try to ride Bodacious...it knocked him out, gave him a concussion, and crushed his eye socket...yeah...I dont see how any of that looks "staged"

Funny, I coulda swore ya wrote "that aint no vest or helmet gonna matter" in ya last post. Must be my eyes aint what they used ta be.

it aint going to matter when your getting stomped on...them vests aint solid...they wont take any weight off of the bull when he's stepping on you...all the force is still going down on the rider's chest...a vest will help a horn from stickin in your though...and well...if you think it's staged...i'd like to see you go get on a bull and try riding it...them boys got more guts than you'll ever have...it easy to talk about something...its another thing to do it...you say its staged and all that...well boy...you'd crap your pants if you tried to ride one of them bulls...even if you had a dang full body SWAT team suit on

Now now there farmboy, what I said is that it made it LOOK staged, and I stick by that statement. Guess i hurt ya feelins by callin ya out on ya denyin what ya plainly said about not matterin.As for my courage sir, ya got no clue. Such is evident by ya resortin ta Ad Hominem attacks on me personally. Get a thicker skin there dude. Ya be WAY to sensitive for ya own good ! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ah...so you got a lot of courage huh?...and I need a thicker skin?...son...go join the military or try ridin a bull...then you can come back talkin bout courage...you aint got no idea boy

Well there farmboy, you be quite the character,eh? You seem extremely insecure sir. While not bein man enough ta admit ya may have used language ya didn't intent to (in that ya said protective gear didn't matter, then tryin ta crawdad and say ya didn't say it), instead ya launch repeated attacks against me. I call ya sir and ya try ta insult me by callin me son. Ya make the assumption that I never been in the service, and that I am a man of no courage. Ya accuse me of thinking Bull ridin is fake when all I said was the protective gear made it "LOOK staged". No one allowed ta have an opinion what goes against ya , right? Keep it up there buddyboy, I am enjoyin this immensely and ya be looking more and more like a one legged man in a tail kickin contest with every word ya post. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't care if them them guys wear helmets or vest, it takes some serious balls to get on a Bull. And especially the level of bulls the pros are riding.

Bulls scare me enough I might start wearing a helmet and vest to load mine in a trailer from now on.

Chrissy I would like to see a complete Rugby game have saw bits and pieces on TV before, always seemed a little to slow paced to get serious hurt like Football over here, even with no pads. But I might be wrong on that since I mostly have only seen them hugging each other in a group hug.

chrisy":13anudkk said:
Do you have World Cup fever in America and Australia, like we have here in England, every thing stops for the footie, TV programmes are put on later, and some you have been following are suspended until after the Cup is over. then it will be....Wimbledon fortnight and it all changes again. it makes me so :mad: not everyone enjoys sports, they should have there own channel, to give us who don't like sport a brake. sorry just a little rant and rave (conniption fit) by a a disgruntaled non sports person.

I would sooner pay a dollar to watch a p!ss ant eat a bale of hay than watch a soccer game.

Chrisy, It is beyond my imagination why people there and other places go totally insane over soccer. The Hooligan's and other soccer gangs stampeding and killing each other and the violence from soccer people in the stands toward each other. I was in Mexico during the 86 world cup and the people literally went crazy with the drink and the drugs. I got to know some of the Mexican soccer players and had no respect for their lifestyle. The English team was playing in Monterrey and the fans were totally out of control and vulgar and drugged up 24 hours per day, but so were the large groups of fans from other countries. It is like the World Cup is a license to leave all human traits behind in their actions. I know it is treason, but I hope the United States gets beat by Italy so maybe they will stop showing soccer on tv here. I have been at Rugby games and Australian rules football games and you are right----our American Football is a sissy's game compared to what it takes to play those games. Sorry if i was too blunt, I just want nothing to do with pro soccer.

You know why millions of kids play soccer now days?

So they don't have to watch it! ;-)

We tried to keep our kids from playing Soccer, mostly because I did not want to buy a mini van and the wife did not want to coach it :D

Hard to picture Rugby being being rougher than a receiver running a 4 second 40 cutting across the middle and a 6'4" 290lb linebacker taking his head off as he jumps for the pass. American football is fast and violent rather they have the pads on or not. I wonder if they have as many broken necks, broken legs, blown knees etc...

But if it is I would like to watch a game of it on a pro level. I just doubt I ever will get to since we only get the local 3 stations.

[/quote]

I would sooner pay a dollar to watch a p!ss ant eat a bale of hay than watch a soccer game.[/quote]

Actually, I've heard that expression so many times that I would LIKE to pay a dollar to see that ant eat that bale of hay - shoot, I'd give $5. That little Japanese feller that eats all them hotdogs is pretty amazing too - my money is still on the ant.

Well there farmboy, you be quite the character,eh? You seem extremely insecure sir. While not bein man enough ta admit ya may have used language ya didn't intent to (in that ya said protective gear didn't matter, then tryin ta crawdad and say ya didn't say it), instead ya launch repeated attacks against me. I call ya sir and ya try ta insult me by callin me son. Ya make the assumption that I never been in the service, and that I am a man of no courage. Ya accuse me of thinking Bull ridin is fake when all I said was the protective gear made it "LOOK staged". No one allowed ta have an opinion what goes against ya , right? Keep it up there buddyboy, I am enjoyin this immensely and ya be looking more and more like a one legged man in a tail kickin contest with every word ya post.

alright bud...you're a legend in ya own mind...ya got a lot of mouth to talk about them rodeo boys...but yeah Mr. Know It All...bullriding is staged huh?...just goes to show how much you think of yourself...them boys out there makin a livin for themselves in the most dangerous sport in the world and you still sit here and call it "staged" just because they wear protective gear...and I hate to insult all your ignorance but its mandatory for them to wear a vest...im sure some of them would still go out there without a vest on if the PBR would let 'em...its good to have a laugh at your expense though...you sittin on a computer chair talkin bad about them boys thats out there sittin on a 2,000 pound bull...yeah, that makes you a heck of a man dont it?

I have been over my Daughters when her Husband has come back from playing rugby with a few of his rugger friends, broken bones, black eyes bruises everywhere front teeth knocked out, (they are professional players, my son-in-law plays for the Maltese Team). There have been a few broken necks in the past, and many brain damaged players from the scrum, which you called the group hug, that can be a lethal place to be. If you ever get a chance to watch a full game you will see it is a fast game.

and I agree with everything that has been said about football (soccer) I hate the game, but I must say while it is on the streets and roads are clear. as most are watching the match on TV. or down the pub watching it.

Thought I would give this World Cup Soccer a try to see what all the fuss is about. Watched a little of the Japan vs Croatia game the other day. Came into game and it had been going on for over an hour, score was 0-0. Fans were going crazy in the stands and nothing was happening!

They replayed a highlight 3 times on TV of a guy missing a shot at the goal by 20 yards. I thought how boring that they pick a failure by 20 yards to replay as a highlight of the game.

After 15 minutes or so I gave up on it, and noticed later on news that the game ended 0-0. What a nail biter!

Ps. I can not wait though till U.S. rules world soccer, like most other sports. World will really hate us when we rule their boring sport also!

Bez?":1453mfu9 said:
World what?

A bunch of guys who fall down and cry when they get hit? Great actors. Big wusses.

I think I will stick to hockey.

Bez?

Hockey might be low scoring and a little slow in that regards, but one thing for sure time flies when you are watching it.

Soccer might be a little funner if you could check a guy to get the ball.

Heritage_Farmboy":1xkzz48j said:
Well there farmboy, you be quite the character,eh? You seem extremely insecure sir. While not bein man enough ta admit ya may have used language ya didn't intent to (in that ya said protective gear didn't matter, then tryin ta crawdad and say ya didn't say it), instead ya launch repeated attacks against me. I call ya sir and ya try ta insult me by callin me son. Ya make the assumption that I never been in the service, and that I am a man of no courage. Ya accuse me of thinking Bull ridin is fake when all I said was the protective gear made it "LOOK staged". No one allowed ta have an opinion what goes against ya , right? Keep it up there buddyboy, I am enjoyin this immensely and ya be looking more and more like a one legged man in a tail kickin contest with every word ya post.

alright bud...you're a legend in ya own mind...ya got a lot of mouth to talk about them rodeo boys...but yeah Mr. Know It All...bullriding is staged huh?...just goes to show how much you think of yourself...them boys out there makin a livin for themselves in the most dangerous sport in the world and you still sit here and call it "staged" just because they wear protective gear...and I hate to insult all your ignorance but its mandatory for them to wear a vest...im sure some of them would still go out there without a vest on if the PBR would let 'em...its good to have a laugh at your expense though...you sittin on a computer chair talkin bad about them boys thats out there sittin on a 2,000 pound bull...yeah, that makes you a heck of a man dont it?

Sir, it be an extreme pleasure ta exchange with someone of such a small and narrow mind as you seem ta be.It helps ta be reminded from time ta time that your type still be around.As far as ignorance goes, you be not lackin in that dept yaself, in fact ya be well endowed in that area sir.I suggest ya get some professional help as ta why ya hate folks who dont fall and worship at the feet of rodeo riders. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

image00113.jpg

seems the French have got wind of this World Cup Football fever :lol: :lol: :lol:

There's a huge youth soccer tournament held every year in the Twin Cities and on one of the radio stations they have a 'bit' where they will read all the scores. Something like:

Team A - 0, Team B - 0; Team C - 0, Team D - 0; Teams E and F played to a 0-0 tie; And in a wild high scoring game Team G beat Team H 1-0; and on and on.

Soccer fans always get upset and call in but it's pretty funny.

Rookie":cfdeqdbw said:
Heritage_Farmboy":cfdeqdbw said:

Sir, it be an extreme pleasure ta exchange with someone of such a small and narrow mind as you seem ta be.It helps ta be reminded from time ta time that your type still be around.As far as ignorance goes, you be not lackin in that dept yaself, in fact ya be well endowed in that area sir.I suggest ya get some professional help as ta why ya hate folks who dont fall and worship at the feet of rodeo riders. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

never said I hated folks that dont worship at the feet of rodeo riders...just makes me angry when people like yourself talk bad about somebody thats just out there makin an honest livin...especially in something as dangerous as bullridin...but I aint going to argue with some little kid about something as stupid as this...and by the way...I dont know if you think it makes you sound cool or what but you ought to learn where to but your "be"s...if your educated enough to know what endowed means then you dang sure aint got no reason to type as stupid as you do...and I realize I aint all that great at speaking proper english either...but your making yourself sound stupid on purpose for some reason

Latest posts