Wireless Video Camera Problem

Help Support CattleToday:

Running Arrow Bill

Reaction score
Anyone on the Board with expertise with wireless cameras and/or related electronics? If so, I need advice, comments.

First, I've tried contacting the manufacturer and after countless hoops jumped through only get an automated "checklist" which is of no help.

Problem: Of our 4 wireless video cameras, only ONE has a mind of its own and periodically goes off line and nothing I do returns it "Live". However, when there is a thunderstorm or a little lightening in the area, it magically returns to "Live" and stays on couple of weeks or so.

I've tried all the options to re-start it and to no avail. Anyone have any ideas??

Thanks, Bill

Might just be a lose wire or corrosion. Had a boat trailer on time that one light never burned until you backed it into the water and it came on. Pull out and as soon as it dried out it went off.

The cable from the camera to power supply which terminates inside of a building is pretty much a sealed unit. Only possibility on this might be the plug-in from the camera lead to the receptacle from the power supply inside the building "might" have some corrosion??? I can try to unplug, plug this connection and see what happens...only when it goes off again...lol.

What brand camera? Do the camera's communicate with a PC wireless receiver? How far is the receiver from the actual camera?

We have a lot of wirless equipment where I work and its non-stop maintaining them. Our issues like that tend to happen in areas where the signal is not as strong. Check for obstruction like trees, buildings, ect. You should able to check your signal strength. When the camera goes off for a "sleep" mode they dont always find their signal coming back on. When you do an actual reset they tend to find it. We put a timer type deal that automatically resets on the hour just in case.

What kind of signal are you using?

This is the only camera with aliens attacking it! Camera (and the 3 others) work great when they are working. This one camera is the only one with this problem. Camera is about 50 ft from DVR receiver. Cameras are Lorex brand, outdoor type. Nothing has changed with this one camera and no obstructions to direct signal to our receiver.

It's all a mystery to me...have considered tossing the camera and installing a new one.

My system is high quality and not some of the mass marketed junk.

Bill

Running Arrow Bill":2ad3yxdz said:
This is the only camera with aliens attacking it! Camera (and the 3 others) work great when they are working. This one camera is the only one with this problem. Camera is about 50 ft from DVR receiver. Cameras are Lorex brand, outdoor type. Nothing has changed with this one camera and no obstructions to direct signal to our receiver.

It's all a mystery to me...have considered tossing the camera and installing a new one.

My system is high quality and not some of the mass marketed junk.

Bill
This may sound a bit lame but ... you might want to switch locations between the camera that is not working and one that does. If possible, just switch the camera and nothing else, no wires etc. We'll know then if the problem is camera or location specific.

There must have been some kind of setup required for the cameras especially an id. You may want to try redoing that setup for this camera. While you are at it there should be some "firmware" level for these cameras. Can you ensure all are at the same rev?

The receiver is likely to be similar to a mi-fi device and probably has some limitation to the number of connecting devices that can be established at a time. When the camera isn't communicating I suggest checking to see if the receiver actually thinks it has a connection the camera has abandoned and is trying to establish new.

Latest posts