How to fix our domestic terrorist problem

Help Support CattleToday:

First, bring the heaviest felony charges possible on as many participants in the insurrection as the Justice Department can identify and believes it can confidently convict.

Second, make fire and police departments that receive federal grants have their members sign commitments not to engage in acts to overthrow the government.

Third, do not worry about Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act. Rather than ban extremist chatter through government censorship or private de-platforming, use radical chat rooms as honeypots, as FBI-led Joint Terrorism Task Forces have done with violent, radicalized Islamists since 2001. We need to draw out those of our fellow citizens who are willing to attack our nation.

Fourth, use the supremacy of federal law to ban "militias" beyond the National Guard. There is simply no longer any room for armed forces not answerable to the law.

Fifth, add domestic terrorism as a predicate to the material support for terrorism statute, including its civil liability provisions.

I woke up in my Manhattan apartment as a Wall Street law firm associate on Sept. 12, 2001, worrying how America could stop the next attack. I woke up as a combat veteran in my suburban Washington, D.C., house on Jan. 7, 2021, equally worried. But I also remember what helped America last time. We defeated al Qaeda and can do the same to the fascist thugs who attacked our democracy last month. But only if we take similar hard measures against the enemy within.

Kevin Carroll served as senior counselor to the secretary of homeland security and chairman of the House Homeland Security Committee and as a CIA and Army officer in Afghanistan, Iraq, and Yemen.

Pretty sure our non domestic terrorist problem is far from fixed. You don't just walk on an airplane in this country to this day.

As for his fear it is usually pretty jarring when you realize that the people you work for can hold you accountable and are getting pretty tired of your job performance. The true domestic terrorism problem as far as threat to this democracy and its people in this country was already in the capital building, still is for that matter.

I have never retracted my oath to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States..
I have also been accused of inventing dirt................

I think he forgot the part about using drones to attend weddings with stingers, unless I missed it.

VP Harris has a bail fund set up that has already bailed out some of the more violent rioters at the capital. one $60,000 bail for individual that has already been freed on bail for organizing BLM riots elsewhere. only requirement is you have to be black and plead not guilty in court.

Latest posts