wire gap or wire panel gates

Help Support CattleToday:

dj

Reaction score
Needed new gap fillers. Didn't want to buy or fabricate real gates. But the little bride hates wire gates. So we'll give this a try. Weld some L hangers on the posts and just set the panel on them. That way the gates can be opened from either side or if I'm in and out just hung on the other set of posts out of the way. Will the cows get to rubbing on them lift them off? Will they crowd them enough to break the welds? As in most things time will tell.
newgate1.jpg

newgates.jpg

They'll lift them off if given a chance. I just wire them to the posts top and bottom. Don;t recall if we went into the front hay field but the side gate into the field is that way

dun

we wire them too. good rule of thumb with cows is if its doable, it will get done. if its not doable, it will get done faster.

dun":tyckiunh said:
They'll lift them off if given a chance. I just wire them to the posts top and bottom. Don;t recall if we went into the front hay field but the side gate into the field is that way
dun
Didn't I pass that one coming up the drive?
Before the light went on with this I tied them also.
Sure is easier this way. Plus I don't have all that baling twine tied on the posts.

A friend of mine had trouble with cattle pushing on his so he hung them on fence insulators and hooked them to a hot wire for a couple weeks.

dj":16x1hkh7 said:
dun":16x1hkh7 said:
dun
Didn't I pass that one coming up the drive?
Before the light went on with this I tied them also.
Sure is easier this way. Plus I don't have all that baling twine tied on the posts.

That was one of many. We don;t use twine, we use a single strand of the un-barbed wire wire. The wire is permanently twosted to the post and the ends are just twisted around the gate when needed

dun

dj here is a real simple gate that almost anyone can build.If you don,t want it electric use barb-wire instead

gate.jpg

Latest posts