Winter?

Help Support CattleToday:

wacocowboy

Reaction score
What happened to winter? Mid 70s last few days, and for the next few days. Not complaining but sure don't feel like winter.

Summer didn't feel like summer and fall didn't feel like fall.

It was 60 something in July wasn't it, and one morning it was like 5 or below in early November.

Weird year. Like we're maybe a month and a half a head at times.

It was 48 here this morning.. looked at the very long range forcast.. no significant frosts until Mar 10th when it goes down into the mid 20's.. who knows how much faith you can have in the weather man 6 weeks away when he's usually wrong about the next day though

Should be here -27c today with 25kph wind making a windchill of around -35c and we are back into snow about a foot in last 3 days forecast is colder and more snow for a few days then a warming trend for a few. Look out Nesi we had a north wind should blow to you in a day or so maybe.

wacocowboy":252wd5wj said:
What happened to winter? Mid 70s last few days, and for the next few days. Not complaining but sure don't feel like winter.

We had 66 yesterday but much of the prior week was 16-40 degrees. What is your temp there normally this time of year?

I wouldn't mind too much as long as it's not a terrible cold... the frost is nearly out of the ground in some places now!

wacocowboy":d461672c said:
Felt like winter December thru January, but February has been more mild than any I remember. Feb has always been our worst part of winter. Waiting to see if we will have thunder this month tho.

skyhightree1":2tdyk62n said:
wacocowboy":2tdyk62n said:

We had 66 yesterday but much of the prior week was 16-40 degrees. What is your temp there normally this time of year?

I think the weatherman said we were 15 degrees above normal for our high yesterday so that would put our average high for Feb. in the 50s. Usually Feb. is where we get really cold and get any chance of snow. I still got flys and bees and saw a red wasp last week.

wacocowboy":1g6fhhl3 said:
skyhightree1":1g6fhhl3 said:
wacocowboy":1g6fhhl3 said:

I think the weatherman said we were 15 degrees above normal for our high yesterday so that would put our average high for Feb. in the 50s. Usually Feb. is where we get really cold and get any chance of snow. I still got flys and bees and saw a red wasp last week.

You call that a winter :lol2: My winters are mild but yours seem more like spring days to me.

5 Feet of snow in Boston. Just more "settled science" about global warming. John Kerry, who says global warming is more dangerous than islamist's beheading people, got a ticket because the sidewalk in front of his house wasn't shoveled.

wacocowboy":14r6kmlm said:
Trust me Sky I don't want your winters. I am not a fan of snow and ice.

The next good snow we get and ice hows about I invite you up for a visit :lol2: I gotta warn you that you better leave the crocs at home

skyhightree1":2s2t60xn said:
wacocowboy":2s2t60xn said:

The next good snow we get and ice hows about I invite you up for a visit :lol2: I gotta warn you that you better leave the crocs at home
Don't let Sky fool ya, he left the land of snow and ice and moved down to the warmer climates. :lol:

skyhightree1":248527yj said:
wacocowboy":248527yj said:

I think I will pass not even sure one of you cheese dishes could talk me into the snow and ice lol. I have had my fun with snow and ice when I was in South Dakota, and ridding a horse in Montana in Feb. looking for a bull. This cowboy will stay where it is warm but thanks for the invite.

We've had winter-like temperatures, but no snow to mention. After the rougher winter last year, everybody thought we would get a repeat, but it hasn't happened so far.

Toad":20cpatoi said:
skyhightree1":20cpatoi said:
wacocowboy":20cpatoi said:

Don't let Sky fool ya, he left the land of snow and ice and moved down to the warmer climates. :lol:

I did move to warmer climates normally but... The cold ice and snow followed me. I got ice and snow when he didn't get anything.

Latest posts