milkmaid

Reaction score
Part of the heifer herd this morning...
heifers122906_resized.jpg

Mom's new horse
noahrunningI.jpg

Bull with an attitude :p
romeoIV_122706.jpg

311 and MM... I'm real attached to this cow, but for various reasons (not her fault!) can't keep her, so I wanted one last pic
claireand311again.jpg

Couple calves...
calves220and221_resized.jpg

Calf in the fog (my new avatar picture, btw)
calf3487modagain.jpg

And the Teton mountains... we went skiing today and I took the camera... too pretty a pic to resist. ;-)
tetons.jpg

Really nice pictures. Glad I don't live there. It made me cold looking at them.

Beautiful place.

Thanks! Yep it is rather cold out here. It's about 0F now, might be -10F in the morning. There's a heavy fog tonight, and when I went outside the calves all had frost on their backs. Kind of neat looking, really.

The horse is a 3 y/o Thoroughbred gelding, been in a few races but never won anything major. He's Mom's project; gets to do some dressage and jumping now.

--edited the original post to add a little, just in case anyone's wondering--

I just turned the heater up a couple more notches.

That is a darn good looking cow!
What happened with the picture you were going to put into some contest or other a while back?

dun

dun":1ekh9w24 said:
What happened with the picture you were going to put into some contest or other a while back?

I ended up only entering 3 in the county fair... won Grand and Reserve. It's just a little county fair so my winning doesn't mean that much (no inflated ego here, lol), but Grand was a $25 prize, and Reserve $15, so that was nice. Covered the cost of all the pics I had printed, LOL.

dun":ouy6a7ag said:
That is a darn good looking cow!

Thanks. :) Can't really take credit for her looks though. LOL. I had my eye on her long before I had the opportunity to acquire her -- she was given to me -- was in pretty bad shape when she came home but I knew there was still potential there. She's on her 3rd lactation now, about 170 days bred... due to calve in the middle of the school semester. Can't leave her with my not-cow-savvy folks. :( I've sold her to boss, so I'll get to see her on occasion, maybe even get to buy her back someday. LOL. ;-)

Thanks for the pics MM. You have a real talent at picking good animals and bringing them through to their full potential. That is one of the best dairy cows I have ever seen.

Beautiful pictures...

That said I'm thinking about petitioning the management to ban snow pics til June. BRRRRRRRR...Z

MM

You keep sending those pictures of winter. They just warm my heart cause that's not us yet :)

Beefy":1n20y04n said:
ahh... the elusive MM caught on film.

Umm, yeah. I debated posting that pic for a long time. Don't like to make a practice of putting pics of myself on the 'net... but I did like that particular pic of 311 and I. :p

John250 -- nope, those mountains are about 50 miles from our house. I can see them on a clear day from the back porch, but the pic itself was taken from the top of the lift at the Grand Targhee Ski Resort.

MM-you're makin' me jealous! That last pic is really beautiful, makes me want to go back to the mountains to do some skiing myself!! (We're planning on it, btw...)

And the other pics are real nice too. Thanks for sharing. :)

Very nice pictures, I really liked the one of the mountains. Every thing looks so fresh, clean & untouched. I guess you could say "new", like looking into 2007, it's up to us where and how we leave our tracks.

Hope everyone here has a great year next year.

;-)

Latest posts