Winter Belt Buckle Classic

Help Support CattleToday:

Snider_Angus

Reaction score
Does anyone have any information on the Denton, Texas jackpot? I think it is on December 14th but i am not sure. Any info would surely be appriciated.

Snider_Angus":39bwq5ix said:
Does anyone have any information on the Denton, Texas jackpot? I think it is on December 14th but i am not sure. Any info would surely be appriciated.

Not much help. But a show in Denton must feel amazing compared to the shows at the North Texas State Fair there in Denton. The Fair is held late August and is a beating. Crazy hot.

Anyways, hope that the cooler temperatures lend to a great show experience for all that go. Maybe I'll come watch.

Ryan

Snider, This comes from The Texas Junior livestock Assn.

December 13-14, 2008
Region 3
TCCA-TCLA-TCPA-TCMGA-STEERHEIFER-LAMB-PIG-GOAT
Winter Buckle Classic A&B
North TX State Fairgrounds, Denton
Contact: Clint Chitsey, PO Box 2, Lewisville, TX 75067; 979-492-1125 or 469-713-5190

Here is the info so that you can keep up with other Jackpots in Texas.
http://www.theshowbox.com/ontheroadagain.php
If the link does'nt work properly
go to the showbox.com then click on "on the road"

Good luck
and a Happy Thanksgiving

So i take it that you are going. What do ya'll show? Its quite a trip for us its over 4 hours if we dont get lost.

It depends. Several of our heifers at being bred. If they settle, we will be at the show. Otherwise, we will be there watching kids from our chapter show.

I don't know if this show is worth the 4 hour drive. In our neck of the wood, there are more american animals. If you show angus, you may have the Satree's heifers in your class. I would love to own one of them.

My family shows american heifers.

We have one of everything. 1 Angus, 3 Herefords, 3 Maines, 4 Shorthorns, a chimaine, 3 Simmentals, a couple crossbreds. Our school buys the diesel so all we are out is Entry fee and Time

DENTON WAS GREAT... weather was beautiful (mid 70's) not much wind...and we came away with a few good placings.
The Champion Angus heifer belongs to a friend of mine in our chapter. I clipped her and got her fitted and was shocked when the judge pulled her out for champion. and then MY little simmental influence heifer(she showed under ORB) got Reserve Champion.... We took 9 head and never got worse than 3rd place so we did fairly well..It was a great trip and is on our scheduel for next year.
When we started back to oklahoma on Sunday night someone called me and told me it was 19 degrees with a wind chill of -1*. we drove through sleet and snow and our girls were a little cold.
The only thing i have to comlain about is the NUMBER OF BREEDS.. it was ridiculous to have 24 different breeds. We weren't used to having that many breeds. My dad walked around the barns and counted a total of 190 calves. WOW

Snider_Angus":2sxi8ppw said:
DENTON WAS GREAT... weather was beautiful (mid 70's) not much wind...and we came away with a few good placings.
The Champion Angus heifer belongs to a friend of mine in our chapter. I clipped her and got her fitted and was shocked when the judge pulled her out for champion. and then MY little simmental influence heifer(she showed under ORB) got Reserve Champion.... We took 9 head and never got worse than 3rd place so we did fairly well..It was a great trip and is on our scheduel for next year.
When we started back to oklahoma on Sunday night someone called me and told me it was 19 degrees with a wind chill of -1*. we drove through sleet and snow and our girls were a little cold.
The only thing i have to comlain about is the NUMBER OF BREEDS.. it was ridiculous to have 24 different breeds. We weren't used to having that many breeds. My dad walked around the barns and counted a total of 190 calves. WOW

Well done, when do we get to see the pics?

Latest posts