Wide Load

Help Support CattleToday:

inyati13

Reaction score
This is one of my two Hudson Pine/Rocking P cows. Her sire is STF Shocking Dream SJ14. She is due to calve on Nov 27. It will be the first calf from my Rocking P Bull who is a Built Right progeny. She is on the same pasture as my others and does not like feed! That feeder has Vitafirm ConceptAid. She has poor suspension of her udder but as soon as the initial swelling goes down she does well and her nipples are small.
2enn88p.jpg

2hylc3q.jpg

dfbp14.jpg

nmyydz.jpg

Ron, you seriously need more mouths eating whatever it is she's having far too much of!

I have a whole family of pedigree Angus cows with pretty awful rear udder suspension, but many of their grand-daughters are looking far better. All of them come right over time, but those which milk the heaviest always look horribly awkward with their engorged udders for the first couple of weeks before things settle down. I looked at one of them yesterday, with enough white patches to show where she's become so pink I thought perhaps she has an infection; but then concluded it's just from her legs rubbing on that skin as she walks.

She has the wedge shape when viewed from the side that was written about as desirable on beefproducer.com

double v":26v8gn4t said:
Has she calved every year and breed back quickly? Just wondering?

She is 5 years old (DOB 10/28/2009). This will be her 4th calf. So she has done well! I let her slip last year but that was my fault. I thought she was bred to my previous bull before I sold him. I bred all my cows AI last winter. I just never saw her come into heat. Then one day I was working her and I happened to turn her in with my new bull. To my surprise, he started breeding her. The calculated due date is 11/27/2014. Vet palpated her this summer and his estimate was right on with mine.

Latest posts