Why is John Deere wanting Kubotas so bad?

Help Support CattleToday:

jltrent

Reaction score
I get these letters a couple times a year from John Deere were they will give me what my tractor is worth plus an additional $7500 for my Kubota on a trade in. I believe I will keep my Kubotas as I have a John Deere 5210 and my two kubotas M6800 and M9000 are as good or better than it.

FvBVnA.jpg

http://www.agweb.com/article/kubota_aim ... ohn_deere/

Kubota Corp., the Japanese farm- tractor maker seeking an overseas purchase of as much as $2 billion, said the weakening yen will push sales to a record in the next fiscal year and won't curb its acquisition appetite.
The boost to exports from the yen's slide, combined with more demand from North America and Southeast Asia, will probably lift revenue by about 20 percent to 1.4 trillion yen ($14.6 billion) in the fiscal year starting April 1, President Yasuo Masumoto said March 11 in an interview in Tokyo. His target is 13 percent higher than the mean of 19 analyst estimates compiled by Bloomberg.

"The yen's depreciation is driving up our top line," Masumoto said. "We have high expectations on the impact from gains in the currency in the coming year," he said.

The 11 percent decline in the yen since Prime Minister Shinzo Abe took office Dec. 26 is alleviating cost pressures at Japanese exporters ranging from Toyota Motor Corp. to JFE Holdings Inc. Mechanization in Thailand and more sales in the U.S. to consumers involved in gardening and renovation are also boosting demand for Kubota's equipment, Masumoto said.

In the U.S., work began on 613,000 single-family homes at an annualized rate in January, the most since July 2008, according to a Feb. 26 release from the Commerce Department in Washington.

Kubota climbed as much as 4.5 percent and closed up 2.7 percent to 1,258 yen in Tokyo trading, the highest since Feb. 26, 2007. The stock has gained 28 percent this year. Iseki & Co., a Tokyo-based farm-equipment maker, also gained 8.2 percent, the highest since November, 2009.

Deere & Co., the world's biggest maker of farm equipment, has risen 5.7 percent since Jan. 1.

The yen's decline in the past three months will be fully reflected in earnings next quarter, according to Kubota. The yen traded at 95.97 to the U.S. dollar as of 3:31 p.m. in Tokyo after touching 96.71 on March 12, the weakest since August, 2009.

As a negative, the weaker yen increases costs for Japanese companies when they invest in overseas assets, reducing their purchasing power. Kubota's need to capitalize on growth in the global market for agricultural equipment means the lower yen won't alter its ambitions for acquisitions, Masumoto said.

Kubota, which specializes in smaller tractors and combines for wet paddy fields, is seeking to add large tractors powerful enough to plow big fields that grow wheat and corn -- a market dominated by Deere, CNH Global NV and Agco Corp.

Masumoto has approached acquisition targets that own large tractors and aims to settle a deal by the end of the year, he said, without naming any companies.

The company last year completed its purchase of Kverneland ASA, a Norwegian maker of tractor ploughs and grass-processing products, as a step to speed overseas expansion.

Kubota has so far used its experience in selling agricultural equipment to expand in rice-growing regions in Southeast Asia and China, where economic growth has boosted incomes.

Masumoto wants Kubota to become the world's top producer of farm equipment by overtaking Deere in the long term.

"Ten years from now, we want to be seen as a real threat to Deere," the president said.

come on just think about it kubota is out selling JD not to mention the best tractor for the money.plus they have a real good market for the kubota tractors they take in as trades.

bigbull338":1oyrmv42 said:
come on just think about it kubota is out selling JD not to mention the best tractor for the money.plus they have a real good market for the kubota tractors they take in as trades.

best tractor for the money?

I was going to buy a new kubato but after looking at them at the dealer they aren't built near as well as a deere.

ended up w/ a JD

well i was on the other side i had 2010 kubota mx5100 hst 4x4 fel that i was getting ready to trade in july 2013.they wanted me to consider a jd.but i dont care for the looks of the jd.so i traded for a 7040 4x4 fel hydro shuttle.

ddd75":1ty1k7qa said:
best tractor for the money?

I was going to buy a new kubato but after looking at them at the dealer they aren't built near as well as a deere.

ended up w/ a JD

That's pretty vague. "Aren't built near as well as a Deere." Like what parts? The whole thing or just parts of it. We have a JD 5065M with a cab here that so far has been great but is it better built than a Kubota M7040 not sure, it's heavier but that doesn't make it better built.

Here there's IH, CaseIH, John Deere and Kubota. Five tractors total and each one has it's own pluses and minuses as far as what they will do. The oldest is a '79 IH 686 with an M&W turbo, the newest is a 2014 Kubota MX5100. None have ever had a major failure. The new Kubota was picked partly because it's interim Tier 4 without a DPF. Originally my son was going to trade in the Kubota L3940 which has close to 1100 hours in less than 5 years, no repairs yet, just routine maintenance. He was thinking about getting either a JD 4066R or a Kubota L6060. Both are full Tier 4 and after reading for weeks and weeks decided to keep the L3940 and find an older MX5100 and $3-4K over the MX5200. We both test drove a JD 4044R and a 4066M, loudest compact tractor of anything we looked at. Liked some of the features but a metal grill in the top of the hood to vent off heat during a Regen cycle? The 4000M series didn't even have a folding ROPS. Now the Kubota new Grand L 60 series, they moved the fuel tank under the deck and raised everything up about 4" including the ROPS, wouldn't even fit in some places it would need to go around here. THE MX5100 with a FEL, 3rd function and one set of remotes came in around $10K less than the L6060.

We also looked at CaseIH, NH(same tractors made by LS), Mahindra, Massey Ferguson and Kioti.

i didn't know that new holland tractors were the same as LS.. no wonder why the NH lineup has been going down hill. They are making those tractors way too 'consumer'

What I didn't like about the kubota lineup that I looked at was small tires, smaller axles, exhaust exit. etc.. they seemed like good tractors and I know of several people who have kubotas new and old and they have all been good tractors. I'm not trying to say they aren't good tractors beucase I looked at buying one myself. but yea i'm not just talking about 'weight' ..

but like I asid i think kubota is pretty good .. I just bought a new RTV900 b/c I thought they were built a lot better then the gator... hydraulics instead of electric, better bed, heavier built..etc..

Their tractors are made by LS up to a certain point, about 50hp I think. The CaseIH 50 we drove and looked at had a plate mounted on the rear marked and stamped made by LS in Korea but still had a premium price, $38K with a loader.

I worked too long at a Komoda dealership shop. You couldn't pay me to own one, but different strokes for different folks.

OHOB01.jpg

Latest posts