Why is it

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
I went to fix an automatic waterer that's been leaking today. Why is it that I insist on taking the care and effort to save all the extra washers and fittings that accompany the waterer when I know from experience I'll never be able to dismantle the darn thing because it will be full of corrosion when it goes bad? Maybe its just me but I've never been able to repair one of these things and think from now on I'll just toss all the extra stuff they give you because its just useless clutter.

Yep. Wait until you get older. Even if it does have value, you will never remember where you put it.

Bright Raven":sovsc1ql said:
Yep. Wait until you get older. Even if it does have value, you will never remember where you put it.
Thumbs up on that

Bright Raven":388pzb1l said:

I partially solved that problem. I took two toolboxes that I wasn't using for anything else. I put all my electrical parts in one and plumbing stuff in the other. When I need something I only have to look in one place. If it isn't there then I don't have it.

Rafter S":2nggyya1 said:
Bright Raven":2nggyya1 said:

I partially solved that problem. I took two toolboxes that I wasn't using for anything else. I put all my electrical parts in one and plumbing stuff in the other. When I need something I only have to look in one place. If it isn't there then I don't have it.

I use a similar system. Its the odd items that get misplaced.

my storage has become multiple 5 gallon buckets of stuff roughly sorted into electric and plumbing....

has saved the day a time or two...

has also cost many hours of looking for parts and rummaging through buckets....

Rafter S":2fyhrw40 said:
Bright Raven":2fyhrw40 said:

I do the same and I have a hardware box for the misc stuff.

pdfangus":qapbw0sa said:
my storage has become multiple 5 gallon buckets of stuff roughly sorted into electric and plumbing....

has saved the day a time or two...

has also cost many hours of looking for parts and rummaging through buckets....
That last part I know all too well. Every week, I look around my 'office' and the shop and think, "I need to throw most of this crap away or have a 'Man yardsale'. No clothes, no jewelry, no kid's toys, no pots and pans missing handles and lids--just "guy stuff".

greybeard":9hyv2mxu said:
Every week, I look around my 'office' and the shop and think, "I need to throw most of this crap away or have a 'Man yardsale'. No clothes, no jewelry, no kid's toys, no pots and pans missing handles and lids--just "guy stuff".

If you do that, please let me know. I think I could find time for a trip to the Piney Woods.

Latest posts