Why China will not invade America

Help Support CattleToday:

He is holding off until the last to take the guns as he knows the SHTF when that starts happening, but it will.

Is there a possibility of logistical and tactical (?) support from Alberta , Saskatchewan and Manitoba west of the Red River?
Denver , Albuquerque and Phoenix could be as Gettysburg was to Lee. Choosing to make a stand is not always the best option.
I may be wrong but I look at the 3 of them as empty graneries full of rats. I have no problem with being opinionated!!

An observation from afar, if a full on invasion happened do you believe your pop guns would even slow down soldiers equipped with military assault type weapons and equipment. You'd be dead before they even came within your range.

An observation from afar, if a full on invasion happened do you believe your pop guns would even slow down soldiers equipped with military assault type weapons and equipment. You'd be dead before they even came within your range.
Historically I know of nowhere has gun ownership ever stopped a military invasion of a foreign country. Last I looked up it was nearly 750K fully automatic and over 3.7 million AR type weapons in the hands of citizens that's not counting the various others like 50 cal BMG. Historically it's never worked out for the world's militaries either, recent history of Vietnam and Afghanistan.
Eighty million armed citizens is pretty big deterrent along with the military.
Guerrilla warfare has been in use since long before then. In the 6th century BC, Sun Tzu proposed the use of guerrilla-style tactics has always given militaries fits.

At this point in our country we still are allowed to own a lot better than "pop" guns. This isn't Australia, and that is not a dig or an attempt at arguing just sort of echoing what CB is saying. As far as foot soldiers on the ground go yes what we have here is a huge deterrent. Plenty of people here who can and do make several hundred meter shots routinely, not a lot of basic infantry can do that with a base AK so range is not the issue either. Heavy artillery and air strikes they may get the upper hand but on foot they would be well matched or out matched and that's the truth. A lot of past military experience to use them as well.

It is a known fact that it deterred Japan from mainland invasion in WW2. The govt is pushing for more leverage and control all the time and we are being pushed towards subjects instead of citizens. We will not surrender them for all those reasons and then some.

Edit to add: Farmers and woodsmen with guns took this country from Britain the powerhouse military at the time and held it as a young country again in 1812 so yes armed citizens can very much hold their own if necessary.

On the invasion thing, maybe some of the equipment, but the assault weapons in door to door combat they will know they have been here.

Not so much worried about an invasion, but first hand experience working in a Correctional based facility most of my adult life. I am prepared and everybody else better be as several million delinquent folks among us. Maybe even a few around here as I see some folks tell about all their money and think to myself, dumbass not smart.

Last edited:
I try to be careful what I say on the net, but mine will have to be taken too. They will be hard to find.
I still got some ol hunting irons around. Had a pretty good pile of "fancier" ones and lots of ammo.
I don't know what I was thinking taking it all out fishing with me....
You never know when your gonna have a boating accident. I bumped my head and can't even remember exactly where it happened...damn shame

At this point in our country we still are allowed to own a lot better than "pop" guns. This isn't Australia, and that is not a dig or an attempt at arguing just sort of echoing what CB is saying. As far as foot soldiers on the ground go yes what we have here is a huge deterrent. Plenty of people here who can and do make several hundred meter shots routinely, not a lot of basic infantry can do that with a base AK so range is not the issue either. Heavy artillery and air strikes they may get the upper hand but on foot they would be well matched or out matched and that's the truth. A lot of past military experience to use them as well.

It is a known fact that it deterred Japan from mainland invasion in WW2. The govt is pushing for more leverage and control all the time and we are being pushed towards subjects instead of citizens. We will not surrender them for all those reasons and then some.

Edit to add: Farmers and woodsmen with guns took this country from Britain the powerhouse military at the time and held it as a young country again in 1812 so yes armed citizens can very much hold their own if necessary.
You are right it isn't Australia, apart from lower firepower, we simply don't have the population here or the percentage of population with military experience either. But civilians aren't very organised in general and the logistics of ammuntion supply i think they wouldn't make much resistance. Hopefully we never find out. I also can't see the countryside there supporting guerrilla warfare successfully.

But with civilians backing up your own military, i can't see a country or axis ever being able to make any inroads in an invasion there.

RedG> I have contact with 4th and 5fh cousins down there. It seems to be a family affliction to 'forget' where we bury things.
Not to worry the malady is a temporary condition.......You will be well served if the need arises. LVR

What % of the military do you think would follow tyrant orders? What if rogue leaders were targeted rather than the foot solider as some mention guerilla warfare? Do you think any who would assume to be tyrants are brave enough?

You are right it isn't Australia, apart from lower firepower, we simply don't have the population here or the percentage of population with military experience either. But civilians aren't very organised in general and the logistics of ammuntion supply i think they wouldn't make much resistance. Hopefully we never find out. I also can't see the countryside there supporting guerrilla warfare successfully.

But with civilians backing up your own military, i can't see a country or axis ever being able to make any inroads in an invasion there.
Ammo won't be a problem for years.
You can bet Russia or some other foreign country would be dropping it in, just like we have done for years.
Who do you think was supplying Vietnam against us and Afghanistan against them.

Organization would be the key and weak point if there was one. Ammunition logistics is probably not the hurdle you think it is knowing what I know. I agree I hope we never find out but I think it is difficult for somebody who is not here to grasp what is available. To your point of the two working together yes civilian and military in concert would be difficult to handle. If it topples, this like most empires, will topple from within. All the more reason to make a better study of history. As our country pushes that farther aside and down the list of priorities we edge ever closer to repeating it.

If you study Lee, you will know that he did not want an aggressive war. He passed the opportunity to siege Washington, DC and would likely have taken it. If problems ever arise again, it has better be more than a gentleman's effort.

Latest posts