Status
Not open for further replies.
Caustic Burno":1d5ggc9g said:
redfornow":1d5ggc9g said:
CB is the fred sanford of cattlemen
Mildly amusing
always combative
and right, in his own mind....

This from the 100 lb birthweight guru. What a joke you are.

An this from the guy who thinks milking is like working at walmart.
Yes you are a joke.
a sad joke but yet a joke...

redfornow":3sfh428s said:
Caustic Burno":3sfh428s said:
redfornow":3sfh428s said:
Mildly amusing
always combative

Yes you are a joke.

When I go to work for a man I follow his rules and don't steal his money. I can see stealing is alright with you.

Have to agree with Texas Gal, In the 70`s when all exotic cattle seemed to really take hold. If these Bulls had the name & color they were bought & used with NO concern the type cows being used on, often trouble hit when calving time come, all exotic where tag named and in general this is still true today. Their really are some great Charolias cattle, it is seen at sale barn today, the tan color x (charolias) are at the tops in feeder sales. All cattle are good we just have to be selective. blk mule

Caustic Burno":j8x1ntdf said:
redfornow":j8x1ntdf said:
Caustic Burno":j8x1ntdf said:
redfornow":j8x1ntdf said:
Mildly amusing
always combative

Yes you are a joke.

When I go to work for a man I follow his rules and don't steal his money. I can see stealing is alright with you.

Yep you are right I like to steal and I love 100 lb BW's
Thats how I got were I am at, stealing an spending that money on cow killers....

Fred you are good at dishing it out
but not very good at taking it.
But you hobby guys never are...
Oh well

MD

Lets see in your last couple of cow post they have been pure crap. Giving advice on Char bulls that you have no idea about, and advising people to use bulls that throw 100 pound calfs.
Do you even own a cow?

Caustic Burno":65mni970 said:
Lets see in your last couple of cow post they have been pure crap. Giving advice on Char bulls that you have no idea about, and advising people to use bulls that throw 100 pound calfs.
Do you even own a cow?

Well lets take a look at what I said.
"Go to your local sale, now I have never used one but there sure are alot of white crosses maybe a good third at the Bluegrass stockyard"

Fred
I didnt know that you had to own em to be able to see em?
Read, if we are going to debate, dont make it easy.
You will just bore me.

MD

Come on Ricky tell us about your Char's, hard to take advice from a man that has only seen them. I guess you give advice on hippo's and elephants as well.
Where did you Char bloodlines come from, the smuggled lines or the late comers. Lot of cattlemen went to jail bringing Chars in this country and there was only one source for years.
I wore out a set chains pulling those huge head calves, no one knew what an epd was then and those 100 pound + calves on commericial cows were killers.
If you got one here alive back then you had something worth keeping.

Caustic Burno":3t4xen7i said:
Come on Ricky tell us about your Char's, hard to take advice from a man that has only seen them. I guess you give advice on hippo's and elephants as well.
Where did you Char bloodlines come from, the smuggled lines or the late comers. Lot of cattlemen went to jail bringing Chars in this country and there was only one source for years.
I wore out a set chains pulling those huge head calves, no one knew what an epd was then and those 100 pound + calves on commericial cows were killers.

Now CB, it wasn't quite as bad as you put it here.

I started AI'ng the Chars to holsteins in 1966 and bought my first Char Bull in 1969. The problems wasn't so much with the calves were too big............It was a matter of the cows being too small. Average beef cow then was about 900 lbs, I'm guessing.

Was talking with my Dad last night to get a timeline on our Char breeding. That year, (1966) we bred 34 holstein heifers to Chars and only had 2 pulls. One was from an Angus "Catch-Up" bull and was breech. :roll: :roll:

How many calves do you weigh when they hit the ground anyway?

Caustic Burno":3stkzvvf said:

So fred you admit to a time when you "followed your cows around with a set of chains?"

Fred my point wasnt their calving ease, like I said I dont run em. I am willing to admit what I dont know, are you?

The question was "why are chars out of favor?"
My answer was and is this. Maybe its his area, because here about a third of the calfs goin thru the bluegrass yard are char crosses.
If thats to hard for you to understand hire a tudor?.

MD

ps which ricky have you named me?
If its ricky martin, I am not that good lookin

MikeC":2zc7851n said:
Caustic Burno":2zc7851n said:

Now CB, it wasn't quite as bad as you put it here.

I started AI'ng the Chars to holsteins in 1966 and bought my first Char Bull in 1969. The problems wasn't so much with the calves were too big............It was a matter of the cows being too small. Average beef cow then was about 900 lbs, I'm guessing.

Was talking with my Dad last night to get a timeline on our Char breeding. That year, (1966) we bred 34 holstein heifers to Chars and only had 2 pulls. One was from an Angus "Catch-Up" bull and was breech. :roll: :roll:

How many calves do you weigh when they hit the ground anyway?

You are right about the cows being smaller then Mike. Up until then we had all used Angus, Brangus, Hereford or Brammer bulls no one even looked at an epd back then.
The problem I saw was the blocky big head calves on cows that couldn't handle that type of calf.
Chars have come a long way since then.
I even have one of the hateful beast in the pasture.

?[/quote]
The problem I saw was the blocky big head calves on cows that couldn't handle that type of calf[/quote]

Thanks for proving my point, shape ie blocky big head calves
cause problems.
I knew you an I agreed Fred, it just took you a few posts to catch up.

Are you trying to make this easy?

MD

ps wet here today, rain coming all afternoon

redfornow":2d1c10p2 said:
The problem I saw was the blocky big head calves on cows that couldn't handle that type of calf[/quote]

Thanks for proving my point, shape ie blocky big head calves
cause problems.
I knew you an I agreed Fred, it just took you a few posts to catch up.

Are you trying to make this easy?

MD

ps wet here today, rain coming all afternoon[/quote]

Rexall blocky has nothing to do with weight as any cattleman would know I don't want 65 pound blocky calves much less 100 pound trainwrecks no matter what shape.

Who said blocky had anything to do with weight?
I thought we were talking about shape. oh well
Do you own any cows? or heifers as you call em? lol

Oh well, dont type to much today you will miss your shift at walmart.

MD

redfornow":3icvyd7i said:
Who said blocky had anything to do with weight?
I thought we were talking about shape. oh well
Do you own any cows? or heifers as you call em? lol

Oh well, dont type to much today you will miss your shift at walmart.

MD

Your the one talking weight of 100 pounds but I guess you going to lie on that as well.
Your right got to finish my shift in the hayfield this morning after the dew dries got 400 5x6's up and a little over 100 4x5's do you need a couple of rolls to winter your herd 4x5's.
Be happy to sell you two frieght might be a little rough on two rolls..

Hey Red I can take some pictures of hay and send it to you and you can be an authority in your on mind on that as well.

Now you can run up to the feed store and pretend to be a cattleman with all the others at TSC.

Wow you really dont read do you?

I never said I like 100 lb BW I said I like 75 to 85 lb BW
BUT that I PLAN for the big calfs by paying attention as much to SHAPE as to BW if not more.

That was your problem in the 70's didnt plan...

I have typed this so many times yet you still dont get it?
Just like the real fred sanford.

Read slower next time....

MD

Caustic Burno":1fz9zeub said:
Hey Red I can take some pictures of hay and send it to you and you can be an authority in your on mind on that as well.

Now you can run up to the feed store and pretend to be a cattleman with all the others at TSC.

Funny....
Stupid but funny

redfornow just a word of advice. You have no idea what you are dealing with! Your best bet is to go lay up under a far away tree like the cur dog you seem to be! I am only telling you this for your own good, trust me CB knows more about cattle then you could ever hope to die knowing!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts