Who is taking me hog hunting?

Help Support CattleToday:

Beef11

Reaction score
Someday i'm going to road trip out that way and buy a few critters at a purebred outfit along the way. What i need now is someone to show me a good time on a hog hunting/trapping adventure. I'm not one to hire a guide i just need a Hog savvy buddy to get me into the thick of them.

Should i just put some adds in the Texas newspapers?

Beef, if the hogs come back on me, I'll PM you. I don't "hunt" them but rather trap them. When they are back, if they are like before, bring your ice chest. A BIG one. Maybe 3 or 4 of them.

Make sure you trust your buddy/ guide. This is the one we killed Thanksgiving morning. There is some risk involved... :shock:

Pics017.jpg

Pics018.jpg

backhoeboogie":2eghd92t said:
Here is a good night's, er actually it is a "bad" night's, take. I am so thankful they are gone for now. They will be back, just like the terminator said.

http://cattletoday.com/photos/data/500/ ... e_0052.jpg

Just wait till deer season is over and the hunters quit filling up the deer feeders. They will be back with a vengence.

Beef11":35hlnetp said:
Someday i'm going to road trip out that way and buy a few critters at a purebred outfit along the way. What i need now is someone to show me a good time on a hog hunting/trapping adventure. I'm not one to hire a guide i just need a Hog savvy buddy to get me into the thick of them.

Should i just put some adds in the Texas newspapers?

Stop thru Colo and pick me when you go. I'll be happy to share the driven and expenses, gas food, ammo, and whiskey.

The only thing I'm particular about is the Whiskey, gotta be Jack or Gibson's from Canada.

Caustic Burno":3vgl9c0p said:
backhoeboogie":3vgl9c0p said:
Here is a good night's, er actually it is a "bad" night's, take. I am so thankful they are gone for now. They will be back, just like the terminator said.

Just wait till deer season is over and the hunters quit filling up the deer feeders. They will be back with a vengence.

Let's hope not.

CB you have to quit this "hit and run" posting thing. Your wisdom on issues such as this one is missed. It would be nice if you'd come on back regular. My skin is thick enough. Fire away with the critique again and I'll be all the wiser.

backhoeboogie":2c3vvpzx said:
Caustic Burno":2c3vvpzx said:
backhoeboogie":2c3vvpzx said:

Let's hope not.

CB you have to quit this "hit and run" posting thing. Your wisdom on issues such as this one is missed. It would be nice if you'd come on back regular. My skin is thick enough. Fire away with the critique again and I'll be all the wiser.

I agree, it would be good to have you back.

Beef11, I remember talking with you about hog hunting a while back 8) 8) Something I want to do. Let me know when your going :D :D Course :oops: got to ask the Boss :roll:

Stop thru Colo and pick me when you go. I'll be happy to share the driven and expenses, gas food, ammo, and whiskey.

The only thing I'm particular about is the Whiskey, gotta be Jack or Gibson's from Canada.

I hope we have enough room for all of our firepower. SKS, 12 gauge pump, 45LC, 12 gauge double barrel, 30-06. Should cover it for me then i guess a guy need a few thousand rounds to be on the safe side.

Colorado is on the way but i don't drink so you will have to drink extra for me.

I have been eyeing a 45-70 i think it would be an effective hog hunter.

BBQ sauce might be something not to be forgotten.

Beef11":khel5mcr said:

I hope we have enough room for all of our firepower. SKS, 12 gauge pump, 45LC, 12 gauge double barrel, 30-06. Should cover it for me then i guess a guy need a few thousand rounds to be on the safe side.

Colorado is on the way but i don't drink so you will have to drink extra for me.

If you can hit where you are aiming and know your boundaries with the gun... it will be effective. Put it right in the ear or any where down and to the right with in a couple inches.... they will drop like a ton of bricks.

Beef11":2iqdieuq said:

Lets get a couple of the little ones for camp meat. Then I want 1 of the big guys, like the one Rattler got. Have it mounted, snarling, drool and all, put it in my living room. :D

How many guns do I need? 12 guage slugs, 357 back up?

Latest posts