Whiskey

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus":1w1rqtzu said:
And you have to admit the blue ammo bag they give you ain't too shabby either.

Heck with the blue bag. I talked my BIL into buying some of their reserve and got a fancy Black bag. Then he got to liking it so much he bought some that came in a Gold bag. Of course they live at my house where he comes every Sunday to eat all my food. Pretty good trade off if you ask me!

I went in the store yesterday to get a six pack of Carlsburg and ended up buying a bottle of bourbon too because the bottle just looked totally awesome. Bulleit bourbon it is with the name in embossed lettering. I think it's a half gallon. Left my glasses in the car and couldn't read the label. Haven't tasted it yet. When it gets empty I think it'll look great with some blueberry recipe in it!

photo-108.jpg

The maturity depends on how long it was distilled in the barrel, once bottled maturing comes to an end. Now wine is a different story ;-)
This whiskey was distilled between 1912 - 1913 and bottled in 1917, so because I dislike odd numbers immensly I would open one bottle to taste the 'stuff' and hold on to the leftover 12 until 2017 and then sell. An interesting fact is that this was pre Prohibition whiskey and perhaps stashed away for that reason, it may influence the price as well.

alisonb":3eovnwax said:
this was pre Prohibition whiskey and perhaps stashed away for that reason
I think it was stashed away by the original owner because he knew he was about to be committed to a sanitarium for "alcohol reasons" and didn't want anybody to find it and then he never got back to it for some reason and nobody else knew about it and that's why it sat there for almost 100 years. That's my take on the story in the link anyway.

3waycross":y55vp656 said:
hooknline":y55vp656 said:

God (and the rest of us) hates a showoff!
Not mine :shock:
Friend of mines. That's all he drinks and his wife is good with a sewing machine. Just thought it was an appropiate picture for the subject

ga.prime":2cmmr8py said:
I went in the store yesterday to get a six pack of Carlsburg and ended up buying a bottle of bourbon too because the bottle just looked totally awesome. Bulleit bourbon it is with the name in embossed lettering. I think it's a half gallon. Left my glasses in the car and couldn't read the label. Haven't tasted it yet. When it gets empty I think it'll look great with some blueberry recipe in it!

I know another dog named Ring! The bottle is awesome and the stuff inside ain't bad either or course I bought the rye and not the bourbon. Heck, since this is confession time, I have to admit that's the first bottle of rye I've bought in years. And who ever said marketing don't work. :lol2:

alisonb":2cmmr8py said:
This whiskey was distilled between 1912 - 1913 and bottled in 1917, so because I dislike odd numbers immensly I would open one bottle to taste the 'stuff' and hold on to the leftover 12 until 2017 and then sell. An interesting fact is that this was pre Prohibition whiskey and perhaps stashed away for that reason, it may influence the price as well.

Another interesting fact during this period was the government began their mandate on the poisoning of all alcohol with methyl which caused the blindness and the paralysis of between 35,000 - 50,000 people who were afflicted with Jake Leg which caused by a legal tonic sold at drug stores made from Jamaican Ginger and alcohol. Since the alcohol used was made poisonous by the mandate the results were predictable but this was legal and large profits were made by those who legally produced it and sold it. This term has since morphed into Jackleg which you are familiar with. Now, armed with such a useless piece of information, don't you feel smarterer?!?

Jogeephus":21kwwow1 said:
And who ever said marketing don't work. :lol2:
Yeah, really! I went to get the six pack of Carlsburg and there was some St. Pauli Girl sitting next to it and I got that too. Had nothing to do with the pretty fraulein on the bottle. :lol2:

I've been guilty of being lured by those beautiful eyes of that fraulein to buy a six pac or three of that beer as well. Its funny how things like that can affect your being. Apparantly it can make an indellible mark into your mind. For example, several several years ago I was celebrating my bachelor's party in Atlanta where I found myself sitting next to this beautiful girl at the bar. She looked so familiar but I just couldn't place her and I wasn't about to tell her this and her think I was some hayseed without a creative pickup line in my body. We began talking and finally after learning her name and more about her I made the comment that she looked so familiar to me but I couldn't place her. She then told me she used to model for Budweiser and it all became clear to me where I'd seen her before. In fact, I don't think you could enter a male's dorm room without seeing a poster of her. I laughed and introduced her to my best man. They dated a while and she later sent me a Bud poster for a belated wedding present. My wife still hates this girl for some reason and I'm not allowed to talk about this for some reason. :???:

Being a Tennessee feller I am partial to Jack Daniels or George Dickel sippin :drink: . While travelling in China I used to drink Johnny Walker and green tea. No hangover at all :shock: Now I do know a feller that can make some top notch blueberry shine................come to think of it I'm all out. I may look him up one day for a "refill". ;-)

Ouachita":wwmekt3k said:
What about the girl wearing nothing but smile and a towel, in the picture on the billboard on the big ole highway?

Can't say I saw that one. Must have used her after I got married and was forbidden from looking at ads like that.

Remember the clumbsy blonde that spilt all the cold water over her nice white t-shirt. That was her. She's not a true blonde though - actually a redhead. Very nice girl.

HOSS":wwmekt3k said:
Now I do know a feller that can make some top notch blueberry shine................come to think of it I'm all out. I may look him up one day for a "refill".

Blueberry? Who would have thunk that? A fella dropped some appleshine by the other day. It came from Arkansas and I have to say it was some of the best apple I've had in years. If you see your friend tell him I need a bottle too. :mrgreen:

Jo.......your Arkansas fella would have to drive right by here to get to your place......maybe he can drop off a jug on his way through. Yeah....who would have thunk to make blueberry shine? That is purty creative right there........man did that stuff have a kick. I started putting it into mango smoothies for the hot weather.....two of those will kick your a$$ like a ticked off mule...lol!

That explains why I don't remember her. Was thinking my memory was going bad. Love the jacket he's wearing.

I was working in a Ga. state prison and one of the inmates on the detail under my supervision said that before he was locked up he was court ordered to go to AA meetings. After the meetings the leader of the AA group would call him over to his car in the parking lot to share a bottle of peach brandy. He said it was good stuff.

Latest posts