Which is your top pick?

Help Support CattleToday:

Aaron

Reaction score
Rank these bulls from top pick to bottom pick. All are curve-bending moderate-frame bulls.

2pic49881.jpg

2pic49826.jpg

2pic49808.jpg

2pic49858.jpg

2pic49856.jpg

2pic49891.jpg

3, 1, 2, 4, 5, 6

Purely judging by looks...
3 looks the longest with the meatiest looking frame, nice full rear on him too.
Looks like the highest carcass yields.
Personally I like the higher yields, and I like more steak than burger.

Are they all about the same age in these photos?

1, 2, 4, 3, 6, 5. I would like to see a bit more length in #6. I would like to see #5 with a straighter back. I like the first 4 bulls.

If the stance on #1 is just in middle of picture taking. I know how hard it is to get a pic with them standing in the ideal position.

Wish people wouldn't take pictures standing in deep straw like #3 is. It sometimes means they are trying to hide some kind of flaw with the animals legs or feet. May not be the case but always makes you wonder. Just off the pictures #2 looks like the most complete bull but opinions could change after seeing other angles or how they walk.

I guess you didn't notice the snow in the background. I guess standing in snow wouldn't hide anything, the pics are fine he's in Canada and its winter. Don't think he posted them to see who could or couldn't pick flaws, he was just asking opinion on looks

SPH":2r6as0t5 said:
Wish people wouldn't take pictures standing in deep straw like #3 is. It sometimes means they are trying to hide some kind of flaw with the animals legs or feet. May not be the case but always makes you wonder. Just off the pictures #2 looks like the most complete bull but opinions could change after seeing other angles or how they walk.
It does make you wonder.
I would sure like him a whole lot more to see the complete animal.
Would actually like to see all the bulls at the same angle and walk.

As others have stated, "just by the pics"...........#3, #2, #6, #1, #4, #5
I like a more compact package myself......Good or bad, I don't know. Just what I am drawn to.

double v":1ueyih8g said:
I guess you didn't notice the snow in the background. I guess standing in snow wouldn't hide anything, the pics are fine he's in Canada and its winter. Don't think he posted them to see who could or couldn't pick flaws, he was just asking opinion on looks

It was just stating an observation, I was not saying that hiding something was the intention just that it can come off appearing that. Especially skeptical of it when you see it in a sale catalog as it's a well known trick some guys will use to hide flaws.

SPH":2gs9wol0 said:
double v":2gs9wol0 said:

It was just stating an observation, I was not saying that hiding something was the intention just that it can come off appearing that. Especially skeptical of it when you see it in a sale catalog as it's a well known trick some guys will use to hide flaws.
:nod:

2 -- I think his secondary fertility traits (curly hair around the head and shoulders) is superior to the others ... which makes me think he may be more hormonally balanced and/or more fertile

3 -- I like the bull, but not sure how much of the curly hair around his head and shoulders was trimmed for the ring vs. that's his natural look ... if there was no trimming, he drops down a couple of spots -- I'm assuming this him after his haircut

5 -- looks to have more leg than the others -- hard to eat the sky underneath the belly

Latest posts