Which excuse do you like best?

Help Support CattleToday:

When I moved to Va in 1981, I answered an ad to help picking up hay out of the field... Made 2.25 hr... and took at least half in hay for my animals which was my reason to apply for it. It was an older farmer and he was skeptical I know, but he needed the help and I showed up FAITHFULLY, when so many others did not. Worked for him 3 years all the hours I could give him around my other job(s).... he was generous after the first week or so and saw that I might not be the strongest person he ever had, but I was there and worked as hard as I could. I also had a time getting the hay up on the wagon.... but I always gave it my best shot.

When I moved to Va in 1981, I answered an ad to help picking up hay out of the field... Made 2.25 hr... and took at least half in hay for my animals which was my reason to apply for it. It was an older farmer and he was skeptical I know, but he needed the help and I showed up FAITHFULLY, when so many others did not. Worked for him 3 years all the hours I could give him around my other job(s).... he was generous after the first week or so and saw that I might not be the strongest person he ever had, but I was there and worked as hard as I could. I also had a time getting the hay up on the wagon.... but I always gave it my best shot.
I hired workers when I needed help during hay season when we did all little square bales. I would much rather hire someone that I felt was dependable and not afraid to work as hard as they could when needed vs. a sometime show up and would only put in the effort he/she felt like putting into it at that particular time. a BIG thumbs up for your work ethics and willingness to do your best to get the job done.

Latest posts