Ground turkey is better for you

Help Support CattleToday:

slick4591

Reaction score
greybeard":14k9m4j4 said:
Ground turkey tastes like crap and that's all I need to know about it.

We eat a fair amount of it and with the right seasonings it's pretty good. Makes good tacos and using a Greek seasoning burgers are not bad.

True Grit Farms

Reaction score
slick4591":995cd8nl said:
greybeard":995cd8nl said:

We eat a fair amount of it and with the right seasonings it's pretty good. Makes good tacos and using a Greek seasoning burgers are not bad.
Why? A good hamburger is hard to beat, sometimes I don't even put cheese on the burger. Last spring we ate some wild turkey breast fried, its good, but can't compare to a good hamburger.

greybeard

Reaction score
Yep...This is how it starts. The slippery slope/gateway to the dark side. 1st it's turkey, then soyburgers, then kale instead of lettuce and next thing ya know, it's no meat/full blown all vegan.

It's Whataburger--not Whataturkey, and for damn good reason.

slick4591

Reaction score
True Grit Farms":t1tnminp said:
slick4591":t1tnminp said:
greybeard":t1tnminp said:

Why? A good hamburger is hard to beat, sometimes I don't even put cheese on the burger. Last spring we ate some wild turkey breast fried, its good, but can't compare to a good hamburger.

I eat plenty of beef but the wife insists on equal rights for the turkey. I've learned how to make it palatable out of necessity.

TexasBred

Reaction score
slick4591":p9btjcrm said:
True Grit Farms":p9btjcrm said:
slick4591":p9btjcrm said:

I eat plenty of beef but the wife insists on equal rights for the turkey. I've learned how to make it palatable out of necessity.
Love a good smoked turkey from time to time....other times turkey jerky is pretty good....

www.gobblegobble.com (Greenberg Turkeys.....really good once a year)

greybeard

Reaction score
I eat turkey at Thanksgiving out of tradition's sake and that's about it other than an occasional sliced turkey samich when I get tired of sliced ham or bologna.
I like a smoke turkey at Thanksgiving but don't like the leftovers of a smoked or fried turkey in turkey & dumplings, so we always just roast it to start with.

The times I have been in a hospital, I give standing orders there is never to be turkey 'bacon' brought to my room. I can find a piece of cardboard anywhere......

TexasBred

Reaction score
greybeard":1e3qe7t7 said:
I eat turkey at Thanksgiving out of tradition's sake and that's about it other than an occasional sliced turkey samich when I get tired of sliced ham or bologna.
I like a smoke turkey at Thanksgiving but don't like the leftovers of a smoked or fried turkey in turkey & dumplings, so we always just roast it to start with.

The times I have been in a hospital, I give standing orders there is never to be turkey 'bacon' brought to my room. I can find a piece of cardboard anywhere......
Last time I was in hospital they served up a dose of "Turkey Meatloaf". Talking about bad.... :yuck:

1982vett

Reaction score
Where chicken legs thighs and wings are my favorite part of the bird, I find turkey legs and wings inedible and thighs ho-hum.

mrvictordomino

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I have an allergy called Alpha-Gal contracted about five years ago from a tick bite. Cannot eat any mammal protein which leaves me with chicken, turkey and fish. I eat a lot of turkey products and ground turkey is no substitute for good beef. You can doll it up but still doesn't replace beef. Beef producer who can't eat beef.....Bummer!

Highpoint

Reaction score
I can't think of one healthy thing about chicken or turkey unless raised by a local farmer and then it has to be pressure cooked to make tender. Love beef though.

Latest posts