Ground turkey is better for you

Help Support CattleToday:

greybeard":14k9m4j4 said:
Ground turkey tastes like crap and that's all I need to know about it.

We eat a fair amount of it and with the right seasonings it's pretty good. Makes good tacos and using a Greek seasoning burgers are not bad.

slick4591":995cd8nl said:
greybeard":995cd8nl said:

We eat a fair amount of it and with the right seasonings it's pretty good. Makes good tacos and using a Greek seasoning burgers are not bad.
Why? A good hamburger is hard to beat, sometimes I don't even put cheese on the burger. Last spring we ate some wild turkey breast fried, its good, but can't compare to a good hamburger.

Yep...This is how it starts. The slippery slope/gateway to the dark side. 1st it's turkey, then soyburgers, then kale instead of lettuce and next thing ya know, it's no meat/full blown all vegan.

It's Whataburger--not Whataturkey, and for damn good reason.

True Grit Farms":t1tnminp said:
slick4591":t1tnminp said:
greybeard":t1tnminp said:

Why? A good hamburger is hard to beat, sometimes I don't even put cheese on the burger. Last spring we ate some wild turkey breast fried, its good, but can't compare to a good hamburger.

I eat plenty of beef but the wife insists on equal rights for the turkey. I've learned how to make it palatable out of necessity.

slick4591":p9btjcrm said:
True Grit Farms":p9btjcrm said:
slick4591":p9btjcrm said:

I eat plenty of beef but the wife insists on equal rights for the turkey. I've learned how to make it palatable out of necessity.
Love a good smoked turkey from time to time....other times turkey jerky is pretty good....

www.gobblegobble.com (Greenberg Turkeys.....really good once a year)

I eat turkey at Thanksgiving out of tradition's sake and that's about it other than an occasional sliced turkey samich when I get tired of sliced ham or bologna.
I like a smoke turkey at Thanksgiving but don't like the leftovers of a smoked or fried turkey in turkey & dumplings, so we always just roast it to start with.

The times I have been in a hospital, I give standing orders there is never to be turkey 'bacon' brought to my room. I can find a piece of cardboard anywhere......

greybeard":1e3qe7t7 said:
I eat turkey at Thanksgiving out of tradition's sake and that's about it other than an occasional sliced turkey samich when I get tired of sliced ham or bologna.
I like a smoke turkey at Thanksgiving but don't like the leftovers of a smoked or fried turkey in turkey & dumplings, so we always just roast it to start with.

The times I have been in a hospital, I give standing orders there is never to be turkey 'bacon' brought to my room. I can find a piece of cardboard anywhere......
Last time I was in hospital they served up a dose of "Turkey Meatloaf". Talking about bad.... :yuck:

Where chicken legs thighs and wings are my favorite part of the bird, I find turkey legs and wings inedible and thighs ho-hum.

Unfortunately, I have an allergy called Alpha-Gal contracted about five years ago from a tick bite. Cannot eat any mammal protein which leaves me with chicken, turkey and fish. I eat a lot of turkey products and ground turkey is no substitute for good beef. You can doll it up but still doesn't replace beef. Beef producer who can't eat beef.....Bummer!

I can't think of one healthy thing about chicken or turkey unless raised by a local farmer and then it has to be pressure cooked to make tender. Love beef though.

Latest posts