Where to find Brahman cattle?

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
Hi, I live in SE MO and I would like to get a few purebred Brahman cows or heifers, but when I go online I can't find any that are close. Can anybody please help me out where to find some or point me in the right direction?

Cattlefarmer1388":3l61q1vo said:
Hi, I live in SE MO and I would like to get a few purebred Brahman cows or heifers, but when I go online I can't find any that are close. Can anybody please help me out where to find some or point me in the right direction?

Right direction: :arrow: go south.

Correct - go SOUTH, young man.
In some areas of the country/world, Brahman influence is essential - but stop and think about why you can't find any in your area... I'm just saying...

There's few Brahram breeders in MO as someone on here have them. But be expect that there are limited brahman breeders in MO.

Thanks everyone for your time and input. After researching a little bit more on the breed, I saw that they are more for the warmer climate and that they wouldn't sell real good around here.

While the nay-nayers may tell you that there is a reason why you can't find Brahmans in MO, however there are few local Brahman breeders in MO as the posters has completely forget about a member in here that raised brahmans in MO...so brahmans do existed in MO.

From my experience in this area (I use Patton Junction and Fruitland Sale Barns in S. MO) Brahman influence lowers the amount people will pay for cattle. Most ranchers I know are trying very hard to breed out the Brahman influence that was bred in during the 80's and 90's. You will hear comments like "too much ear" when bidding.

Latest posts