Where to buy a milk cow

Help Support CattleToday:

alexfarms

Reaction score
Where can a person buy a good milk cow or two? Prefer ones i can milk by hand, although I don't know who'll milk her when i am gone? Which isn't very often. Probably prefer a jersey, although just a guess. We always had holsteins when i was a kid and they were good, but pretty big and the bull calves are mean sometimes.What is the best breed for hand milking and home use of milk?

Go to a dairy or dairies in your area and you can probably get a well trained older cow. I would only buy if they have a clean operation ,cows are clean and well cared for and they keep DHI records. Also, make sure the cow is bred back and know her exact date of freshening (how far into her lactation she is).

alexfarms":1985w55c said:
Where can a person buy a good milk cow or two? Prefer ones i can milk by hand, although I don't know who'll milk her when i am gone? Which isn't very often. Probably prefer a jersey, although just a guess. We always had holsteins when i was a kid and they were good, but pretty big and the bull calves are mean sometimes.What is the best breed for hand milking and home use of milk?
http://jms.usjersey.com/
Jersey Marketing Service

(614) 861-3636
Phone
(614) 861-8040
Fax

There Is A Standard
for marketing Jersey genetics, and we set it. That's because our goal is always to make owning Jerseys more profitable than owning any other dairy breed.

Because your success with Jerseys is our only goal, there is no compromise. We aim for customer satisfaction. You'll not be surprised, then, that repeat customers are numerous and most of our new business comes through referrals from satisfied customers.

Professional Services

Private Treaty Sales of Live Cattle
Embryos in Quantities Large and Small, to Suit All Requirements
Herd Promotion Sales
Feature Consignment Sales
Complete Dispersals of All Sizes
Export Transactions
Insurance
Do you want to buy Jerseys? Or, do you have some to sell? Here's a look at the services we provide for Private Treaty transactions.

Latest posts