Where to buy a covered wagon?

Help Support CattleToday:

millstreaminn

Reaction score
My Dad wants me to find him a new or rebuilt covered wagon. :roll: I only found one by searching for "covered wagon, covered wagon sales, wagon builders and new covered wagons on Google. I can't seem to find anything else. If anyone knows of a link to someone who builds them or refurbs them, I would appreciate the help.

I did a search for wagonwright and came up with a dozen dictionary definitions but no information on any that are in existence.
Maybe a search of wheelwright would come up with something and one of them maybe could hook you up with a wagonwright

I did a search for wagonwright and came up with a dozen dictionary definitions but no information on any that are in existence.
Maybe a search of wheelwright would come up with something and one of them maybe could hook you up with a wagonwright. Nope, wheelwright didn;t do any better other then a link to the wheelwright museum and a bunch of people names wheelwright. And I thought everything worth knowing was available on the web!

Since your in Pa. - what about some of the Amish folks - real good craftsmen. The Amish settlement in Ohio has a huge auction a few times each year, might drift over that way and find someone there that could build one.

jw beat me to it. Hanson Wheel and Wagon. The place where I work bought a chuck wagon from them. Really fine piece. It gets used occasionally for picnics and such. They have had it 'hitched'.

As dun suggested try the Rural Heritage site, someone there may be able to help you out. Lots of good info on there, lots of good folks who still use horse, mule and oxen.

Keep in mind what you are looking for may be very pricey.

Katherine

Edit; I found the catalog for Hansen's. This catalog is from 2000. Their phone number is 605-996-8754. They are located in Letcher South Dakota. Their website is http://www.hansenwheel.com.

They have at least 4 styles of covered wagons. New and used.
Good luck.

Latest posts