where the heck is it?

Help Support CattleToday:

kenojoe

Reaction score
I bought a cattle immobilizer to help work my cattle. One clip goes in the mouth the other is supposed to go on the Caudal fold under the tail. Well I pulled up on the tail and all I can see is tail and butthole. Where is it? I m trying to finish vac. and Ivomecing some 500lb steers, young animals have tight skin so I'm having trouble finding this flap of skin. Thanks for any help.

I think it's the flap of skin on either side of the anus under the tail.

Just for curiousity, why do you feel the need for an immobilizer? The whole thing just sounds unneccesary to me. Not to mention cruel, how'd you like to have somebody hook your lip and butt up to juice?

cfpinz

cfpinz":n0x6guk7 said:
Just for curiousity, why do you feel the need for an immobilizer? The whole thing just sounds unneccesary to me. Not to mention cruel, how'd you like to have somebody hook your lip and butt up to juice?

cfpinz
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Tod Dague":3hji6hs3 said:
cfpinz":3hji6hs3 said:

cfpinz
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I agree! Don't you have a pen with a chute you work cattle in? Jam three or four of them in the chute and slam the door closed. Hit 'em in the neck with the needle and let 'em go.

kenojoe":1he1hr7f said:
I bought a cattle immobilizer to help work my cattle. One clip goes in the mouth the other is supposed to go on the Caudal fold under the tail. Well I pulled up on the tail and all I can see is tail and butthole. Where is it? I m trying to finish vac. and Ivomecing some 500lb steers, young animals have tight skin so I'm having trouble finding this flap of skin. Thanks for any help.

Wouldn't it be faster and easier to just stack them in the chute/alley to vaccinate and pour them?

The reason I wanted to try the immobilizer is that all of our cows and steers don't always want to be patient! I'm tired of trying to give SQ shots to a the odd wild one. I don't enjoy trying to give a shot under the eyelid when I get that one bad case of pinkeye. My cows don't seem to like that and let me know by trying to break my limbs. I prefer not to "jam" mine up the length of the chute. I just end up with a bunch of over stressed crap covered cows. Thats why I wanted to try an immobilizer. I tried it out Sunday on a fiesty 550lb steer. Gave him 2 SQ shots and an ear tag, he stood there like a puppy dog .

kenojoe":39czz4kq said:
The reason I wanted to try the immobilizer is that all of our cows and steers don't always want to be patient! I'm tired of trying to give SQ shots to a the odd wild one. I don't enjoy trying to give a shot under the eyelid when I get that one bad case of pinkeye. My cows don't seem to like that and let me know by trying to break my limbs. I prefer not to "jam" mine up the length of the chute. I just end up with a bunch of over stressed crap covered cows. Thats why I wanted to try an immobilizer. I tried it out Sunday on a fiesty 550lb steer. Gave him 2 SQ shots and an ear tag, he stood there like a puppy dog .

Different strokes for different folks. Cow crap never seemed to bother me and they all get loose bowels when you start to work them.

Glad it worked out for you.

A friend of mind said he was going to hook his girlfriend up to one, make her shut up an stand still.
I asked whats going to happen when he goes to sleep.

curtis":26gitcwn said:
A friend of mind said he was going to hook his girlfriend up to one, make her shut up an stand still.

Let me know how it turns out, I might invest in one myself.

cfpinz

Curtis, cfpinz, you two guys are itchin to see the nasty side of a 12" cast iron skillet but let me know how the wires work. :lol:

Latest posts