Where did that high tensile wire go?

Help Support CattleToday:

When I saw the title I thought, I hope not around the brush hog.

dun":2dht1r03 said:

:lol2: I said in my head I thought it was around here I should probably stop and seconds later it was already wrapped up. bolt cutters work wonders on it.

skyhightree1":24vtnzd6 said:
dun":24vtnzd6 said:

:lol2: I said in my head I thought it was around here I should probably stop and seconds later it was already wrapped up. bolt cutters work wonders on it.
I wrapped almost a 1/4 mile of 14 gauge high tensile around the brushhog, had it wound tight around both drums from above and below the stump jumpers. I screwed with the bolt cutters for a while then finally just dropped the stump jumpers and blades, pulled the stuff off and put it back together. Took about an hour for the whole job. If I would have stuck with the way I started I would still be trying to clear the mess. And that was 4 years ago!

I hate when crap like that happens luckily it wasn't that much. I would have been pretty pissed to have to take all that apart and back together. I had a stump jumper get stuck on the shaft and had to beat the S... out of it to get it off that would have been my luck. It was on a howse bushhog.

It's totally unavoidable, but one of my major pet peeves is things laying around.

denvermartinfarms":nlixm2p1 said:
So are you gonna fire yourself or just dock your pay? :D

I think I need to fire myself for not stopping when my mind told me stop and try and find the wire. :lol2:

Looks like fun... Yep, 12" bolt cutters are super nice for that stuff.

We have a flail mower, and I got 50' of garden hose wrapped around it.. TIGHT, to the point it melted it where it touched the frame and fused it on... That was an hours work to clear up... Thankfully I can wash my hands of the blame.. it was one my dad left and said "Yep, it's all clear". I luckily haven't had any issues with HT wire getting wrapped up around stuff

Latest posts