When Do Bulls Get Mean

Help Support CattleToday:

lynnmcmahan":1h3pphu8 said:
What about rodeo bulls, are they mean or just don't want you on their back? Maybe both. When they throw the cowboy and then start to stomping a mud hole in his belly, it appear to be a little meanness to me. I've heard they select bread for that disposition

Well that wouldn't have much to do with this discussion now would it?

It might 3way. The way i see it 3 things can make em mean. Genetics, treatment, and age. If the rodeo bulls are bred for agression and treated poorly that would help answer the ops question. More so than discussing what make you old codgers mean and your religions :tiphat:

hooknline":i7wl1dp1 said:
It might 3way. The way i see it 3 things can make em mean. Genetics, treatment, and age. If the rodeo bulls are bred for agression and treated poorly that would help answer the ops question. More so than discussing what make you old codgers mean and your religions :tiphat:

or why exsmokers are such a PITA

FWIW

Do you think there is little if any chance that the OP has ever, or ever would treat his beef OR dairy bull like a Rodeo bull................of course not!!!!!!!!

So why would it be relevant to THIS thread.

Go chew some gum and leave my old codger a$$ alone

More of a chance of that than the op being former catholic converted to protestant and old all at the sane time. :mrgreen:
Dang im hungry

Mean bull must be the secret word for lets take this as far off topic as possible. Search it. The posts are all over the place.

3waycross":3oza6lff said:
lynnmcmahan":3oza6lff said:
What about rodeo bulls, are they mean or just don't want you on their back? Maybe both. When they throw the cowboy and then start to stomping a mud hole in his belly, it appear to be a little meanness to me. I've heard they select bread for that disposition

Does that mean you don't know the answer?

lynnmcmahan":jm28uk03 said:
3waycross":jm28uk03 said:
lynnmcmahan":jm28uk03 said:

Does that mean you don't know the answer?

No it means that I am not sure what kind of bread they would select to make the Rodeo bulls mean. :shock:

Actually lynn isn't it pretty much a rhetorical question? Why in the world would they not be selecting for the polor opposite of what we look for in a BEEF bull. Most bulls don't want you on their back. But again what does that have to do with this thread?

depends on the bull. some never get mean. some get mean when you flap a red cape at them. others get mean when they are electroejaculated (cant really blame them). some get mistaken for being mean when they get used to being fed out of a sack. some just snap one day. according to theysayers a bull may get mean after age 5. some are always mean. stereotypically, angus bulls are renown for fighting with other bulls but it just depends on the bull(s). like someone else said, the other guy is probably cycling him out because he retained some heifers. or he may be just getting rid of him before he gets some age on him.

Remember birthdays make anything more intolarent. You never pick a fight with an old man, he will kill you, never crowd an old bull, never kick an old dog, you will never win an arguement with an old woman..
The set of bulls I have now some people would say they are mean they are not. They have gotten too gentle. You do not go into the pasture with a feed bucket or sack. They will tear up anything left in the pastures including the truck or tractor.

I sure agree with you on winning an arguement with an old woman. Mom is 89 on 1/21/2012. Impossible to get her to agree on anything. And she would stick up for dad if he commited murder. Dad is 89 and will be 90 this summer. They got married in 1948! They still live on the family farm. Since I started this thread, I ask forgiveance for getting way off subject! :oops:

inyati13":1j35uzru said:
I sure agree with you on winning an arguement with an old woman. Mom is 89 on 1/21/2012. Impossible to get her to agree on anything. And she would stick up for dad if he commited murder. Dad is 89 and will be 90 this summer. They got married in 1948! They still live on the family farm. Since I started this thread, I ask forgiveance for getting way off subject! :oops:

Dun's point to begin with was there ain't a lot of difference between Old Bulls and Old Men

Beefy said:
stereotypically, angus bulls are renown for fighting with other bulls quote]

A Jersey bull will whip any bigger bull and screw your best cow through the keyhole in the barn door I've always heard. :lol:

Spotted Brahma":3tlciopg said:
Beefy":3tlciopg said:
stereotypically, angus bulls are renown for fighting with other bulls quote]

A Jersey bull will whip any bigger bull and screw your best cow through the keyhole in the barn door I've always heard. :lol:

LOL! That is just close enough to being accurate to be funnier than he77! I had a Jersey bull that my kids raised. At only 2 yrs old he would go at my 2,000 RA bull like it was nothing. He kept Ol' Lightning watching his back. I was leasing him out to dairy farmers as a clean-up bull until he figured out that 5 strands of barb with 2 hot wires was only a minor nuisance when he wanted to kick the neighbor's BA bulls a$$ and breed his girls. I sold him as soon as I got him loaded on the trailer.

Latest posts