Whats your favorite food or meal?

Help Support CattleToday:

Txwalt

Reaction score
My wife took the kids out to dinner and brought me home some sushi. Nothing beats sushi and rice. I've heard all the jokes before but go right ahead if you need too. :D

Walt

My favorite meal is fried potatoes, soup beans and
kraut and weiners. Add a slice of hot cornbread and
enjoy!

Cheeseburger with lettuce, tomater and maynaize. And some of those greasy krinkle fries, with ketchup of course.

cfpinz

BREAKFAST-biscuits and gravy [grease flour and milk] not any of that instant stuff,biscuit with jersey butter and wild plum jellyfor dessert. LUNCH-BISCUIT/ with leftover bacon, sausage, ham maybe a homegrowed tomato. SUPPER-beans on a biscuit,fried taters,okra or fried chicken and mashed potatoes and gravy [none of that instant stuff], biscuit with butter and jelly or honey or both. GOT BISCUITS?

T-bone or ribeye cooked medium rare, with a baked potato smothered in butter with a salad dressed with Thousand Islands, rolls, and lots of sweet, iced tea!
A summertime tomato sandwich ain't bad either!

biscuits and gravy

Thats one thing not on the menu in Canada... biscuits and gravy. While enjoying an all you can eat breakfast buffet in Vegas on a family vacation I came across Biscuits and gravy and also another vat of stuff called "chipped beef" I assume that you glop that stuff on biscuits as well.

I tried to replicate the gravy at home one time but it was not quite the same but I still enjoyed the gut filling concoction.

One of my favorite meals is slow roasted beef ribs.

bward":3du5c3kc said:
biscuits and gravy

Thats one thing not on the menu in Canada... biscuits and gravy. While enjoying an all you can eat breakfast buffet in Vegas on a family vacation I came across Biscuits and gravy and also another vat of stuff called "chipped beef" I assume that you glop that stuff on biscuits as well.

I tried to replicate the gravy at home one time but it was not quite the same but I still enjoyed the gut filling concoction.

One of my favorite meals is slow roasted beef ribs.

Milk Gravy is something that you need someone to show you how to make. Then it will still take practice. It is worth it though.

It sure is hard to beat a steak, medium rare. put me some real mashed potatoes and maybe some asparagus on the side and I am set.

Coming in a close second is really good, hole-in-the-wall mexican food. Enchiladas, chimichangas, tamales all of them, love em. I could live off of steak and mexican food.

Sushi? I like sushi. Well, i've liked it at one place, that was the only Sushi restaurant i've gone to. I've tried at other places that did not specialize in Sushi, and I was not impressed.

Ryan

With the exception of sauerkraut and weenies I like anything my mama makes. I could almost founder on fresh purple hull peas, her batchelor potatoes, cornbread and a fresh garden tomato.

The only thing I can cook that tastes as good as mama's is fried chicken. The rest is just not the same. I could use the exact same ingredients as her and mine just doesn't measure up. Luv mama's cooking.

This is a hard one, I love a lot of food (thankfully God gave me a high metabolism and an active job :p ).
I love chicken cottage pie, also steak with a baked potatoe and broccoli is right up there. Hmmm... maybe pizza. Followed off with mint chocolate chip ice cream.

Medium rare Rib steak (bone in) Prime or choice with lots of marbling and fat to add flavor-- hash brown or homefried spuds covered in country milk gravy- with warm dinner rolls and real butter... :D

KNERSIE":2dondznn said:
what is milk gravy?

Only about the best breakfast you can find. Made with either bacon or sausage grease, flour and milk. Better with the sausage cooked into it, then poured over about four heavily buttered biscuits and have some wild hog sausage on the side and three fresh yard eggs over easy. After your done you sop up the remaining gravy and stuff with a fifth and final biscuit. This cant be beat regardless of what anyone says.

Next question... what exactly are you referring to as biscuits? I thought biscuits were a sweet cookie that the English eat with their tea?

Latest posts