Whats your favorite food or meal?

Help Support CattleToday:

Steak (rare), salad, and baked potato, pretty predictable. Also love fresh seafood, especially shrimp.

I'm waiting for Warpaint to answer this question......

AM-Green salad, grits, scrambled eggs, baked chicken, biscuits.

Noon-Usually forget to eat. Tuna and crackers if I remember.

PM-Favorite is burger and fries. But I usually get fed something that includes vegetables.

Steak reddish-pink in the middle, baked or mashed potato, cooked spinach. Finish it off with a nice fresh juicy peach and some cantaloup and watermelon. Beverage of choice, nice big glass of milk!

Katherine

Slow pit smoked halves of wild pigs are great, as are my venison chicken fried steaks, and deep fried venison strips. Fried catfish,fresh from the river too. Of course I cant forget beef, so a big fat juicy ribeye medium cooked is my favorite. Brisket is also great, there are just too many to mention them all. Cant forget mountain oysters too and all of these are served with numerous Miller Lite or Lonestar Beers. Oh, man I'm getting excited !

Cow_Town":2a1thjrn said:
KNERSIE":2a1thjrn said:
what is milk gravy?

Only about the best breakfast you can find. Made with either bacon or sausage grease, flour and milk. Better with the sausage cooked into it, then poured over about four heavily buttered biscuits and have some wild hog sausage on the side and three fresh yard eggs over easy. After your done you sop up the remaining gravy and stuff with a fifth and final biscuit. This cant be beat regardless of what anyone says.

wild hog sausage, :roll: :help:

Horticattleman":1gttci1a said:
lets see ...... boiled crawfish, crawfish or shrimp etouffee, eggplant pirogue, bisque, gumbo, jambalaya, man its so hard to decide here!

My Sis in law is going to Ole Miss for her doctorate and she was home and made a gumbo with a sausage only found in New Orleans. It had onions, celery, green pepper, chicken, sausage, and put over rice with potato salad (of all things) on top. It was awesome and definitely not something a meat and potato gal had eaten before!

Horticattleman":3eods9qy said:
lets see ...... boiled crawfish, crawfish or shrimp etouffee, eggplant pirogue, bisque, gumbo, jambalaya, man its so hard to decide here!

That sounds heavenly.I wish we were closer to an ocean or sea.You all are making me hungry so I better get dinner on for the family.Tonight it is tenderloin,done rare to medium with ceasar salad .And new potatoes beveled and brushed with butter ,pepper and fresh crushed garlic roasted in tin foil over the grill.And to complete it garlic cheese bread with gouda cheese.
I love all food to much that is why I have to run at least 2-3 miles everyday.

Workinonit Farm":3n19wxti said:
mnmtranching":3n19wxti said:

Sausage made from wild/feral hogs, rather 'domestic'/'tame' hogs.

Katherine

Yeah, I can almost smell that old wild boar sausage as it sizzles :shock: :mrgreen:

I like a prime "T Bone" myself with baked potato and fresh garden salad. I also am fond of roast wild duck with home made dressing. Better check the freezer, might have a couple more ducks in there. :D

I grew up on chicken fried hamburger patties, cream peas, and mashed new potatoes, all from our place. Comfort food.

New favorite mexican food - cheese enchiladas topped with chicken fajita meat in a pico mix. Nice.

Filet - medium, with asparagus and baked potatoe.

Spicey fried walleye and pike, fries, hot spicey baked beans and a green salad. Always cook this meal every summer during the first full week of July.... Of course after eating fish twice a day for a week, I am ready for a steak.....Im 8 weeks away from my Canadian fishing trip....lol.... but whos counting

iowahawkeyes":9y4hp8sb said:
Horticattleman":9y4hp8sb said:

My Sis in law is going to Ole Miss for her doctorate and she was home and made a gumbo with a sausage only found in New Orleans. It had onions, celery, green pepper, chicken, sausage, and put over rice with potato salad (of all things) on top. It was awesome and definitely not something a meat and potato gal had eaten before!

That doesn't count. New Orleans is excluded from the realm of all things Cajun including food!

Horticattleman":1fih6uon said:
iowahawkeyes":1fih6uon said:
Horticattleman":1fih6uon said:

That doesn't count. New Orleans is excluded from the realm of all things Cajun including food!
Correct. NO is excluded from all things Redneck as well.
(Actually NO excludes all the rest of us, but I like the way you said it better.)

I am a steak and lobster person. I like each one equally. Love shrimp cocktail, too. Like to wash it down with a little bubbly. How often does this combination present itself? Not too...

mnmtranching":1n724t0g said:
Workinonit Farm":1n724t0g said:
mnmtranching":1n724t0g said:

Sausage made from wild/feral hogs, rather 'domestic'/'tame' hogs.

Katherine

Yeah, I can almost smell that old wild boar sausage as it sizzles :shock: :mrgreen:

I like a prime "T Bone" myself with baked potato and fresh garden salad. I also am fond of roast wild duck with home made dressing. Better check the freezer, might have a couple more ducks in there. :D

Wild hog is just as good as regular pork and it doesnt smell when you cook it. Now duck, that is nasty and smells. Dont knock it till you try it.

Crowderfarms":21145yjq said:
Rib Eyes, Skirt Steak, and Flank Steak.Mashed Taters, and Slaw or Poke Sallet.

I had to look that one up "poke sallet" sounds much like kale or swiss chard.It's hard to find skirt steak around here.I have asked for it the last couple of times we butchered but have never gotten it.
I have wild boar pate before though.