Whats your favorite food or meal?

Help Support CattleToday:

hillsdown":1ao0p0nq said:
Crowderfarms":1ao0p0nq said:
Rib Eyes, Skirt Steak, and Flank Steak.Mashed Taters, and Slaw or Poke Sallet.

I had to look that one up "poke sallet" sounds much like kale or swiss chard.It's hard to find skirt steak around here.I have asked for it the last couple of times we butchered but have never gotten it.
I have wild boar pate before though.
Just got back in from fixing a fence through the woods and the Poke Sallet crop is lookin' good. ;-) Hillsdown, if I'd had a camera with me I'd taken a picture of it for you. It's a tall stalky plant.

Crowderfarms":2239ttgd said:
hillsdown":2239ttgd said:
Crowderfarms":2239ttgd said:
Rib Eyes, Skirt Steak, and Flank Steak.Mashed Taters, and Slaw or Poke Sallet.

I had to look that one up "poke sallet" sounds much like kale or swiss chard.It's hard to find skirt steak around here.I have asked for it the last couple of times we butchered but have never gotten it.
I have wild boar pate before though.
Just got back in from fixing a fence through the woods and the Poke Sallet crop is lookin' good. ;-) Hillsdown, if I'd had a camera with me I'd taken a picture of it for you. It's a tall stalky plant.

Who ever thought you could get it canned?
http://waynesword.palomar.edu/ecoph24.htm

Cow_Town":30m6iqap said:
mnmtranching":30m6iqap said:
Workinonit Farm":30m6iqap said:
mnmtranching":30m6iqap said:
wild hog sausage, :roll: :help:

Sausage made from wild/feral hogs, rather 'domestic'/'tame' hogs.

Katherine

Yeah, I can almost smell that old wild boar sausage as it sizzles :shock: :mrgreen:

I like a prime "T Bone" myself with baked potato and fresh garden salad. I also am fond of roast wild duck with home made dressing. Better check the freezer, might have a couple more ducks in there. :D

Wild hog is just as good as regular pork and it doesnt smell when you cook it. Now duck, that is nasty and smells. Dont knock it till you try it.

I ain't talking about wild hog I'm talking about wild BOAR hog. :banana: :banana: :tiphat:

I love chicken fried backstrap, cream gravy, loaded mashed potatoes, cream style corn, bacon green beans, sauteed yellow squash, crawfish, fried catfish - the list is endless. now I'm hungry :lol:

Rib eye steak, rare, cooked on a wood fired grill, baked potatoes with butter, sour cream, and bacon bits, lightly steamed asparagus, and sour dough rolls. Wash it down with a very cold beer from a local micro brewery.

charter capt":227fj0lv said:
Well I have tuna fished 5 of the last 7 days. 6 to 800 lbs of tuna every day. That makes alot of sushi.

Fresh tuna is good!! Course I haven't had it as fresh as you have. It doesn't taste like the canned version (which I also like if it is Albacore). No sushi here though, I want mine cooked.

Slice of hot cornbread,baked in a castiron skillet. Place in a tall glass,cover with cold milk. Eat with an icetea spoon. Wonderful snack or light meal.

sidney411":29phwd95 said:
I love chicken fried backstrap, cream gravy, loaded mashed potatoes, cream style corn, bacon green beans, sauteed yellow squash, crawfish, fried catfish - the list is endless. now I'm hungry :lol:
Did I hear fried catfish :?:
I'm on my way :!: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Latest posts