Whats the neatest thing you've found on your place ?

Help Support CattleToday:

Never found that many unusual things in the pasture but this morning I do have a very nice 5th wheel travel trailer chained to the corner of the front fence. Walked down and checked it out and it has two flats on one side. Guess they'll be back for it sometimes today.

Neatest thing I've found on this farm is peace and quiet and solitude!

Found an old time porcelean sink the kind that weigh about 100 pounds.
Creek got out of banks during a flood one time and it ended up on the bank. It is still there.

TexasBred":1ox9ts7n said:
Never found that many unusual things in the pasture but this morning I do have a very nice 5th wheel travel trailer chained to the corner of the front fence. Walked down and checked it out and it has two flats on one side. Guess they'll be back for it sometimes today.

Finders Keepers? :?:

hooknline":rl92f8ma said:
Wish we could find arrowheads here. Neighbor bout 1 mile away found an intact 8 inch spearhead after digging a pond and spreading the dirt with a trac hoe. Incredible that it wasnt smashed
Seems we should be able to find some here, too, Hook, but we haven't. This area was both inhabited by natives, and a travel route to/from the coast for several tribes. Did find a nice and large obsidian arrowhead in Idaho while stalking elk over a hillside one afternoon -- and I got one! Figured it was a good luck piece.

Living back East or in the South, you have much "older" history in your dirt than we do out here. I would love to spend some time in MO, AR, eastern KS, and around some of the old ND, SD and NB homesteads, with a metal detector in my hand.

Gale Seddon":se8w93m2 said:
TexasBred":se8w93m2 said:

Finders Keepers? :?:
I wish....doggone it was a top of the line too. They showed up about 11AM and I changed the tires, hooked up and took off with it. I suppose it was the owners. :lol2:

dun":3r08btlq said:
Neatest thing I've found on this farm is peace and quiet and solitude!

I will second that Dun. I can have the worst day at work. When I go out and spend time with the girls my day gets a whole lot better. They may have kicked at me a few times, well one even chased me down, but they ain't never talked back to me yet. That gentile "moooo" that they give to their calves even calms me down.

At my dad's old home place bunch of arrow heads, did find a spear head it was about 6 inches long, and 1/2 inch wide with notch at one end, one old timer told that it was used my like a knife

In wood behind the house some dishes, whisky bottle, snuff jars and burnt lever action rifle, 90 year old neighbor told me that it was site of an old share croppers house that burn about 1900

ALACOWMAN":1nvbceaj said:
alot of Civil war artifacts around here the railroad cuts though here and they where camps all around.... not much on digging around on the property .. but ive caught some that do, id rather see grass growing
And I always thought that ya'll were into shine in ya'lls part of the country.

I found a bunch of old one inch copper pipe, it had been buried and a piece was sticking out of the ground. As I dug I found parts of an old car. The pipe is still where I found it.

upfrombottom":22py4mq1 said:
ALACOWMAN":22py4mq1 said:
alot of Civil war artifacts around here the railroad cuts though here and they where camps all around.... not much on digging around on the property .. but ive caught some that do, id rather see grass growing
And I always thought that ya'll were into shine in ya'lls part of the country.
still are http://www.waaytv.com/news/local/story/ ... NXk7A.cspx

Today I found something a little odd... I'm sure there's a story behind it but I'm not real sure that I want to know what it is...
I was walking down a row of walnut trees and found a pair of fancy looking, blue, petite lacy panties hanging from a low branch. This is in the middle of forty acres of leased ground at the end of a dead end road.
I used a stick and took them down so they don't slap me in the face when I whip through there with a tractor this spring.

cow pollinater":28qr9zvv said:
Today I found something a little odd... I'm sure there's a story behind it but I'm not real sure that I want to know what it is...
I was walking down a row of walnut trees and found a pair of fancy looking, blue, petite lacy panties hanging from a low branch. This is in the middle of forty acres of leased ground at the end of a dead end road.
I used a stick and took them down so they don't slap me in the face when I whip through there with a tractor this spring.
You expect us to believe that crap CP?? You know dang well you took those panties down, examined them closely, probably even sniffed them to see how if they were "fresh" and left PO'd because you couldn't be that lucky. :cowboy: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :cowboy:

TexasBred":18k8mmnm said:
cow pollinater":18k8mmnm said:
You expect us to believe that crap CP?? You know dang well you took those panties down, examined them closely, probably even sniffed them to see how if they were "fresh" and left PO'd because you couldn't be that lucky. :cowboy: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :cowboy:
That's kinda what I was thinking. :lol:

Oh he[[ Jed that's what every man on here was thinking. and if they weren't they must be gay :cowboy:

1lg035faint.gif
Oooh eh eh!
Just so you know TB, I have reported this thread before things get out of hand!! :lol: