Whats my ATV worth?

Help Support CattleToday:

Bigfoot

Reaction score
2014 Honda foreman 9,300 miles.

Been used daily, so it's not showroom material.

Went to a couple large machinery auctions recently and they sure were cheaper than I would want to take for mine. Like already mention 2-3k and maybe closer to 2k. Compared to what the UTV s cost they were going cheap also. I see an adjustment coming in price on some of this new equipment or they may get to keep it.

I don't keep up with this sort of thing. I looked tonight on craigslist, and they seemed priced too high. I guess I'll start at 3k and work my way down. I'd like to have a utv...... after years of claiming an atv was better.

For what little you are going to get for it, I would keep it. They both have their place. I much prefer my old beat up Rancher for spot spraying and trips through the thorny rough ground or creeks. The Rancher is also better for herding cows.

bird dog said:
For what little you are going to get for it, I would keep it. They both have their place. I much prefer my old beat up Rancher for spot spraying and trips through the thorny rough ground or creeks. The Rancher is also better for herding cows.

I have a '97 Polaris Sportsman 500 and a 2016 Ranger 900. Use them both but like you said, the ATV gets me places the Ranger can't go.

I am in the same camp as well with both a Utv and an old ATV. While the atv is not used near as much as the utv, it is worth having the atv around for no more than it is worth. I keep the spot sprayer on the atv all summer, which keeps the UTV free to do other chores.

I also have a Honda rancher. It's just a couple years old, so I won't be selling it.

If I can get 3k for it, when I divide the actual depreciation by 5 years, then it didn't cost me much per year to actually own. My mechanic says he doesn't see many last past 10,000 miles. I don't know how true that is though.

Bigfoot said:
I also have a Honda rancher. It's just a couple years old, so I won't be selling it.

If I can get 3k for it, when I divide the actual depreciation by 5 years, then it didn't cost me much per year to actually own. My mechanic says he doesn't see many last past 10,000 miles. I don't know how true that is though.

Your doing exceptionally well if you can get 3K, more like 2K and that is only if it is Japanese.

I have just shy of 9k miles on my 2002 Kawasaki 400 and just dropped a good $1000 US into it in parts alone to redo clutch and front end. Mechanic says he has never had a better running quad in the shop, but Japanese quads aren't as common here. I know a lot of Polaris and Artic Cats here are trash at 5-6k miles.

Latest posts