What's it worth?

Help Support CattleToday:

slick4591

Reaction score
Brother wants to sell his headgate since we have the new chute working. No idea what fair market value would be on it. All works good, but it's weathered as you can tell. The expanded metal floor is also in good shape.

New one sells for $949. Head gate stand $423. You need to ask about 1/2 price. Which would be in the range of about $750.

I can assure you that it'll rust completely to the ground waiting on him to paint it. He was asking me and I didn't have a clue. Thanks for the info.

I purchased a PR head gate without the stand for $300. I don't know how that compares to the brand that you have....

Kingfisher":29svs0ws said:
You might give it a fresh coat of paint... Make em feel good. :)

Gotta agree, a fresh coat of paint on that would increase it's value by $100 easy.

Kingfisher":2nntyceq said:
What's the stand for?

The stand has an expanded metal floor that the animal's two front feet stand on while they are head locked. Really adds to the stability when you don't have the headgate mounted to posts.

bigbull338":3dclxlje said:
2x on the $300 to $400.
+1 as that looks like a good one as I believe it has the auto catch on it. I wouldn't want one without it.

I posted it on Craigslist last night for $600.00. Man called me a little while ago from somewhere north of Isom in Oklahoma and told me he was on his way to buy it. Never dickered the price and he just now left with a smile on his face. This is one time I'm glad I didn't listen to the majority. :mrgreen:

I have one just like it sitting, that I didn't use cause I ended up finding a Squeeze chute. I paid $275.00 for it that was bout a year ago. B&G

slick4591":3qizb200 said:
I posted it on Craigslist last night for $600.00. Man called me a little while ago from somewhere north of Isom in Oklahoma and told me he was on his way to buy it. Never dickered the price and he just now left with a smile on his face. This is one time I'm glad I didn't listen to the majority. :mrgreen:
Good for you, but the guy must not know what they cost new.

Latest posts