What's going on?

Help Support CattleToday:

Calman

Reaction score
I have not seen one fire ant mound this year!!!Not complaining but wondering where they went.
Sure is nice to not have to fight them out of the yard this year.
But on the other hand I have about a thousand grasshopers every four square feet.
Can't remember when they were as thick as they are this year.They sure make for some good catfish bait,but I don't need that many.

I've seen a few mounds but nothing like in the past. Maybe those pharaoh flies are actually working.

Calman":1p7op4kg said:
I have not seen one fire ant mound this year!!!Not complaining but wondering where they went.
But on the other hand I have about a thousand grasshopers every four square feet.
Can't remember when they were as thick as they are this year.They sure make for some good catfish bait,but I don't need that many.

I have sprayed twice for grasshoppers this year, bad here as well. For every 300 grasshoppers they eat 30 pounds of cow feed a week. I have a write up from TAMU on one of the seminars I went to on managing forage that gives a way to estimate grasshoppers per acre. It is easy to have up to hundreds an acre. I ain't raising grass for grasshoppers.

Calman":3th781m3 said:
i hadnt thought about it but sence you mentioned it, their not as bad.. i hit a few mowing hay saturday but they could have been older mounds but there plenty of the other insects and lightnin' bugs are back

Latest posts