whats for dinner

Help Support CattleToday:

Does catfish and banana pudding go together ? Do you use the banana pudding on the sandwich like mayo . :p

I made risotto with sauteed oysters mushrooms and swiss chard with fresh grated grana padano parmesan for lunch today. Kinda stumped on what to make for dinner though. Maybe seared halibut steaks and bruschetta with grilled corn on the cob . If it ever stops raining here ,got another inch again over night.

Love catfish Ala, but I haven't had it in 8 years . :(

hillsdown":2j4nsk5y said:
Does catfish and banana pudding go together ? Do you use the banana pudding on the sandwich like mayo . :p

I made risotto with sauteed oysters mushrooms and swiss chard with fresh grated grana padano parmesan for lunch today. Kinda stumped on what to make for dinner though. Maybe seared halibut steaks and bruschetta with grilled corn on the cob . If it ever stops raining here ,got another inch again over night.

HD now that certainly doesn't sound real "country" to me. Sounds almost citified.

TexasBred":3c5x60ww said:
hillsdown":3c5x60ww said:

HD now that certainly doesn't sound real "country" to me. Sounds almost citified.

I was country yesterday TB , I made beef tongue on the bbq with a spice rub . ;-)

TB, I do it like you kind of would a pulled pork. I have an amazing spice rub that I use on it, it is not too swet and not too hot. I also infuse a few pieces of fresh garlic that basically melt into the beef while cooking. Lay it on a bed of white sliced onion , then triple wrap in heavy duty tin foil. Place on the BBQ and use indirect heat at 300 turning every one to two hours for about 8 hours. Remove from BBQ, cut or pull pieces apart and serve on a homemade roll or your favorite roll . Top with any condiments you like, I like to toast the roll with a bit of melted gruyer or gouda . It is delicious and very tender, is has such a rich ,full flavor. Plus you don't lose any flavor or texture like you would from boiling it.

Call me when you make some red-eye gravy with cathead biscuits/ HD

Tell me what is used in it and I will let you know if it will ever appear on the menu here . ;-)

Chicken and dumplings work well too, usually a winter meal here . :) I made a huge batch of New England clam chowder few days ago, with all the rain we have been getting it has been soup weather alot this summer.

Last week I made Oricchette pasta (from scratch) with broccoli rabe (from my garden) and homemade Italian sausage(my beef) for the first time. Amazingly flavorful, will defiantely make it again.. :D

Don't get to worried about the cathead bisquits and red-eye gravey........ Just buttermilk bisquits about the size of a cat head and the gravey is pan drippings with some coffee added.

Trying to hurry summer along out the door with the chicken and dumplings. :lol: Been hanging around inside the past few days cause it has been kind of hot. Haven't been doing much and kind of getting an appetite back for something heavy... :nod:

hillsdown":2naanhjp said:
TB, I do it like you kind of would a pulled pork. I have an amazing spice rub that I use on it, it is not too swet and not too hot. I also infuse a few pieces of fresh garlic that basically melt into the beef while cooking. Lay it on a bed of white sliced onion , then triple wrap in heavy duty tin foil. Place on the BBQ and use indirect heat at 300 turning every one to two hours for about 8 hours. Remove from BBQ, cut or pull pieces apart and serve on a homemade roll or your favorite roll . Top with any condiments you like, I like to toast the roll with a bit of melted gruyer or gouda . It is delicious and very tender, is has such a rich ,full flavor. Plus you don't lose any flavor or texture like you would from boiling it.

Call me when you make some red-eye gravy with cathead biscuits/ HD

Tell me what is used in it and I will let you know if it will ever appear on the menu here . ;-)

Chicken and dumplings work well too, usually a winter meal here . :) I made a huge batch of New England clam chowder few days ago, with all the rain we have been getting it has been soup weather alot this summer.

Last week I made Oricchette pasta (from scratch) with broccoli rabe (from my garden) and homemade Italian sausage(my beef) for the first time. Amazingly flavorful, will defiantely make it again.. :D
aahh but how are you with pintos and cornbred.... no sugar in either... thats for the tea
:cowboy:

Oscar Mayer Liverwurst sandwich with mayo and American processed cheese. That wasn't enough so I ate a can of cheetos. I think I've satisfied my salt requirements for the day.

TexasBred":2vp7r6ps said:
hillsdown":2vp7r6ps said:

Sounds REALLY country to me. Rural Italy. I don't know about the rest of you but if HD ever decides to emigrate to America I would hire her as my personal chef in a heartbeat....and most likely my Herdswoman also.

Reheated some frozen loose beef sandwiches and newly frozen corn. Microwaves are wonderful when it is hot and you are tired but still want something substantial to eat.

Latest posts