What's burger takes a stand

Help Support CattleToday:

cowboy43

Reaction score
Against Texas new open carry law, and will not allow open carry in their restaurants, probably be a lot of customers seeking other restaurants that do allow open carry.

I don't plan on open carrying, so I'll continue to eat at Whataburger when I want. In fact, I'm not sure open carry is such a smart idea to start with. I figure if I'm in a place that gets robbed and they see my pistol, I'm going to be their first target. I prefer to be able to surprise them.

cowboy43":18j8d3xy said:
Against Texas new open carry law, and will not allow open carry in their restaurants, probably be a lot of customers seeking other restaurants that do allow open carry.
Gonna be a lot of places "asking" folks to not open carry but Whataburger encouraged customers t carry concealed ....but you can use the drive thru. ;-) Doesn't go into effect until 1/1/16 I believe.

Not often you here of some nut attacking a cop shop. I wonder why they don't. One did try it here awhile back some where. He wound up dead. Most of them robbers don't want shot at.

slick4591":36cli2b7 said:
I don't plan on open carrying, so I'll continue to eat at Whataburger when I want. In fact, I'm not sure open carry is such a smart idea to start with. I figure if I'm in a place that gets robbed and they see my pistol, I'm going to be their first target. I prefer to be able to surprise them.

Exactly.. :tiphat:
TexasBred":36cli2b7 said:
cowboy43":36cli2b7 said:
Gonna be a lot of places "asking" folks to not open carry but Whataburger encouraged customers t carry concealed ....but you can use the drive thru. ;-) Doesn't go into effect until 1/1/16 I believe.
I'm a lifetime nra member. I'm all about less gun control. But I'm afraid this might be a bad thing. Most private business Or going to do as whataburger, the ones who do open carry will be the wingnuts trying to show off. It'll make gun owners look bad.

fenceman":2rofoqc6 said:
I'm a lifetime nra member. I'm all about less gun control. But I'm afraid this might be a bad thing. Most private business Or going to do as whataburger, the ones who do open carry will be the wingnuts trying to show off. It'll make gun owners look bad.[/quote]

All very true. Comforting to think a few good home boys are carrying concealed while eating their burgers. The "look at me's" are the ones that get folks killed.

The only time I've open carried was when I came back from a hunting trip and forgot to take my revolver off my hip when I got back. It had been there for so long that I had just plain forgot. Since then I've gone to a shoulder holster or pocket carry. The shoulder hoslter is always so darn cumbersum there is no way I can forget it.

Within a year no one will be talking about it. It's just new and people don't like change. Ohio has been an open carry state for decades and it's rare that you even hear about it. Every once in a great while some idiot wants some attention and does something stupid. They usually end up with a ticket for "inducing panic" or something similar, and everything is back to normal.

I can't see open carry in today's anti gun atmosphere. But to each their own. I carry concealed everywhere I go besides in the courthouse or on a airline. I don't read so well being from the south you know.

highgrit":1bt66zfy said:
I can't see open carry in today's anti gun atmosphere. But to each their own. I carry concealed everywhere I go besides in the courthouse or on a airline. I don't read so well being from the south you know.
HG no worry.....they'll read your rights to you. :lol: :lol:

I too don't see what all the noise about open carry is about. Open carry has been going on for ever here. Clear back to Lewis and Clark. It is pretty rare to see someone packing one on their hip around town. I probably don't see more than one a year. It use to be real common to see gun racks in the back windows of pickups with a rifle or shotgun. But that is rare now because of seat and window construction of pickups. The gun racks just don't fit any more.

There as only been two periods of my life when I packed a pistol. The first was when I worked on Afognak Island in Alaska. That is the next island north of Kodiak. The same big bears. I packed a S&W model 29, 44 mag. The standard joke was to shoot the bear five times and safe the last one for yourself. After a real encounter with a bear I left the 44 in the bunk house and went to packing a 375 H&H. The second was the years I ran a professional trap line. I strapped a 22 to my hip when I started in the morning and left it there all day. I would get so use to packing it that I walked into a number of businesses with it on. Nobody ever said anything about it.

TexasBred":x6jhil5d said:
highgrit":x6jhil5d said:

Your right about that TB. I left a nice aluminum framed Colt commander at the Canadian border, still can't believe they looked under the armrest. I get the shakes when I'm unprepared to protect myself or my family.

highgrit":1csjprz2 said:
TexasBred":1csjprz2 said:
highgrit":1csjprz2 said:

Your right about that TB. I left a nice aluminum framed Colt commander at the Canadian border, still can't believe they looked under the armrest. I get the shakes when I'm unprepared to protect myself or my family.

Did you get it back when you came back across HG??

TexasBred":d8peoo7h said:
highgrit":d8peoo7h said:

Did you get it back when you came back across HG??[/quote]

If he did get it back he would be the first one I have ever heard of getting one back. NO pistols allowed up north. If you are headed that way and want to take a gun with make it a long gun.

Quote.
If he did get it back he would be the first one I have ever heard of getting one back. NO pistols allowed up north. If you are headed that way and want to take a gun with make it a long gun.[/quote]

If it weren't for the monthly trip to Wal-Mart , or that the tophand likes to go to red lobster or the movies every so often I probably wouldn't own a pistol. Glorified trotline weights.
highgrit":2mntb562 said:
TexasBred":2mntb562 said:
highgrit":2mntb562 said:

Did a job on fort hood army reservation several years ago. Height of the irag war. They had a xray machine at the contractors entrance you drove through. Looked kinda like a carwash. I forgot about the Winchester 30_30 that lives pushed down behind the head rest of the back seats.
Things got real interesting there for a few minutes. A fellow with some rank showed up. Talked to me a minute, laughed and gave me his cell number. He took my pig popper and put it in his car in the lot outside the gate. Told me to call him when I was done. Thank God there's some Good old boys still around. :oops:

Dave":1edvdv07 said:
TexasBred":1edvdv07 said:
highgrit":1edvdv07 said:

Did you get it back when you came back across HG??

If he did get it back he would be the first one I have ever heard of getting one back. NO pistols allowed up north. If you are headed that way and want to take a gun with make it a long gun.[/quote]

Dave hit the nail on the head. Some Canadian has a nice 45.

Open carry is one thing. Getting a group of 30 people together to go "open carry" your AR's at a burger joint in search of publicity is another thing, and seems counterproductive to me. I get the point, and agree with it. But just because you can do something doesn't mean you should.

Latest posts