whats a good old manure spreader

Help Support CattleToday:

RAWCJW

Reaction score
What is a good brand of older manure spreader and what kind of price range? I need one to clean up my bale rings.

2007_0519image0007.JPG

Get a Rolland. Mine is a 14 cubic meter and do the job fast and "neet"

I have an old MF, no model number. Ground drive so I can load it with the tractor and spread with the truck. I've already got $107.50 tied up in it over the past 4 years, including the purchase.

dun":qd7l6ecz said:
I have an old MF, no model number. Ground drive so I can load it with the tractor and spread with the truck. I've already got $107.50 tied up in it over the past 4 years, including the purchase.

Better watch that high roller spending Dun, :lol: sounds like that ole girl has earned her way.

We had an old New Idea ground drive for years , Now we have a New Idea pto spreader both were bought used at farm sales for not much. You can find lots of good used spreaders at farm sales.

Well I picked up a NewIdea model 19 pto this weekend for FREE. It has a bearing out of the gear box. All I have to do is make a new one and it should be fine. It is actually in pretty solid shape. At the same place I got a john deere loader model 46,its alittle rough $200.00. :D :shock: But these are the kinda projects I like. I have to make some mts to put on my 706 IH.Ithink I will try to copy Westendorfs or something close.

Dun what brand would you reccommend copying? I would like to make it quick detach. The original design detached at the rear axle but my tractor is to long so I have to do something any

Westerndorf is a good design to copy, it's the materials they use that suck. It was one of the easiest quick detachables I've used but I'm getting pretty attached to a JD 520 now.

Latest posts