Whatever happened to ?

Help Support CattleToday:

plbcattle

Reaction score
do you guys remember a month or so ago teh idiot that posted on here that her husband was going to buy and haul some cattle in a small rented Uhaul enclosed trailer. I never heard the end of this. i hope they didn't ever get into raising cattle

Heard no more....did see what looked like a Great Dane in the back of a station wagon some years back along with a few wild looking kids. Turned out to be a calf with a halter, one kid was holding it by the head and the rest were riding way in back.

I tied the feet of my rejected twin together, loaded her in the truck, front floor board, and drove 20 miles to the house. I could have put her in a cattle trailer all by her lonesome but I figured she might get hurt. Brought her home and put her in an enclosed dog kennel, 5 foot by 10 foot, and fought to keep her alive. It was a struggle but she is now 2 1/2 years and wonderful. Seems strange now that I had that gal in the front of the pick-up but, at the time, I was simply thinking of saving her life.

backhoeboogie":1jyh8ian said:
Seems strange now that I had that gal in the front of the pick-up but, at the time, I was simply thinking of saving her life.

Been there, done that once or twice! :lol: :lol: Fortunately for me, the calf was too sick to answer the call of nature during the 30 mile drive - the pick-up in question was brand new!

That's what we do if we have to take them to the vet, we put them in the front of the truck with us. Usually we don't tie them, just put a garbage bag around the back end and they lay like a dog in between us. You should see the looks on the faces of the people at the drive-in windows! :lol:

plbcattle, what is your reasoning in hopeing they never got into the cattle busness. i dont see the problem in moving cattle in an inclosed trailer. they are not air tight and for short distances i dont think it would be any different for the cattle minus the wind hitting them. i dont think i would try it on a long haul, i would hate to clean it out lol. i started with 5 calves and i moved them on a 8' utility trailer that i had wired cattle panels in for sides. the trailer had a 4' gate so 1 16' panel was enough to do the sides. the next yr i bought a cattle trailer.

TheLazyM":23zoqzgr said:
plbcattle, what is your reasoning in hopeing they never got into the cattle busness. i dont see the problem in moving cattle in an inclosed trailer. they are not air tight and for short distances i dont think it would be any different for the cattle minus the wind hitting them. i dont think i would try it on a long haul, i would hate to clean it out lol.

The woman, acardwell (I wouldn't call her an idiot - at least she was skeptical of what her husband wanted to do) had posted, and her and her husband were given 2 calves that were 2 months old (150-200lbs). They were going to drive down to Florida pick them up in a 5' by 8' uhaul enclosed trailer and drive back to South Carolina.

see http://cattletoday.com/forum/viewtopic. ... light=haul

We were all hoping that her husband would come to his senses; my best guess, if they did it, is that when they opened the trailer in South Carolina the calves would be dead.

That Lazy M is not bright, and someone like that just as soon not be in the cattle business; or any business with animals. I'm not a tree hugger, but geez, this would be bordeline cruelty.

Latest posts