What you think??

Help Support CattleToday:

Red Bull Breeder

Reaction score
May2012Cattle081.jpg

May2012Cattle079.jpg

May2012Cattle073.jpg

Well, your clothes could do a washing, it's time for some new boots, and altogether you a ugly feller. :lol: On the other hand that's a really nice heifer. :tiphat:

Nice square set - really like her depth especially through the chest. Would like to see a little more level hip less slope from hook to pin. U leave your cattle horned?

She's nice Randy. i agree with Massy except for the slope, that don't bother me as much as some.

Massey135":2cz3c707 said:
Nice square set - really like her depth especially through the chest. Would like to see a little more level hip less slope from hook to pin. U leave your cattle horned?

The slope isn't so much the problem as she is really short from hooks to pins. The other probable negative I see is that that udder isn't going to be well balanced with a good forward extension and neatly placed even sized teats and quarters. Add to that the slightly coarse neck I think she'll probably milk in the lower half of your herd.

Otherwise its a pretty nice heifer, well muscled without being overdone, sound legs and feet, good depth for the breed, very good front attachment, good coat, just enough bone, good head.

Isom them clothes are in better shape than they should have been for the day i had at work. Just can't seem to give them ole boots up yet. Knersie maybe right she may not milk, but she comes from cattle the milk pretty good on both sides of her pedigree. I don't expect her udder to be the best, but i can fix that in time.

Isomade":j4hwcr5q said:
Well, your clothes could do a washing, it's time for some new boots, and altogether you a ugly feller. :lol: On the other hand that's a really nice heifer. :tiphat:
Trust you to notice all that Iso, what do you think is in the breast pocket - chew tobacco? :)

Seeing a nice heifer like this makes me envious, you can be proud of your progress RBB...

Thank you alison, and everone else for the comments. I don't disagree with any of them. She is not perfect, but i have never raised the perfect one yet.

Massey until she was about 10 or 11 months old i thought she had scurs. Was hard to tell there was anything there and were loose on here head. If you dehorn a scurred animal the breed assocation will call her horned, Better to register the animal as scurred then change it later if the animal is indeed horned.

That is a nice Limousin heifer. She has adequate depth, some extension in her front end and stands on good feet and legs. I like for females to be a little deeper in their rear flank than in the fore flank. Knersie was right in questioning her rump structure and her milking ability. She is a little short from hooks to pins My grandfather taught me to draw a line straight down from the hook bones and that is where the fore udder should attach. The longer the distance from hooks to pins, the more udder capacity.

RRB, keep breeding good Limousins that don't have that quarterhorse look and you might convert me.

Nice looking heifer red bull. How has the rainfall been there? Everything here is pretty much cooked. Had to sell some cows 2 weeks ago. Last year, we did not have to purchase any hay, this year is different. Bought some Monday. Any water up there in the river or creeks, the wife wants to take a float trip.

No matter what her udder shape and size actually is it will look worse because of that drop from the hooks to pins. It's going to throw her udder out in front of her hind legs at a funky angle.
Overall I still have to say that's a nice heifer. Besides, if they WERE perfect then you'd go nuts trying to find something to breed them to. :lol:

Brimmer you can likely float from Baker ford out from St. Joe down river as far as you would like to go. It is dry here to.
BC I keep working at breeding a better one when i can. If you get in need of adding alittle meat to the rear end of some calves let me no.
CP her pedigree tells me she will have enough milk to raise a calf nicely. The udder may not look like i would like it to. But she brings some other things to the table i need in my herd.Takes time to build the perfect cow, i don't think its ever been done. The one thing i thought i might have some comments on was her frame score. She is gonna be a short legged cow.

Looks like a good heifer overall. I like her feet and legs, great muscle, and volume. As stated above the shortness from hocks to pins is a far worse problem than the slope, however, considering that all the good rear muscle hides some of the slope on the top side, I will still complain about too much slope. Her neck appears a little short, even after considering that she is so well muscled, it might be an age thing? Some heifer grow out to proportional cows after growing in different directions earlier.

Latest posts